Amile Jefferson planning visits may sign late | Syracusefan.com

Amile Jefferson planning visits may sign late

Per Dave Telep's aricle on espn insider dated Oct 11:

"Jefferson’s recruitment is taking a long time. He visited Ohio State officially and relayed a list of Connecticut, Pittsburgh, NC State, Stanford and Villanova. Jefferson himself said he’s been linked to Syracuse but he doesn’t even know if the Orange have a scholarship for him."

"Jefferson’s recruitment is taking a long time. He visited Ohio State officially and relayed a list of Connecticut, Pittsburgh, NC State, Stanford and Villanova. Jefferson himself said he’s been linked to Syracuse but he doesn’t even know if the Orange have a scholarship for him."

Interesting. Does that mean the staff has a pretty good idea who this class will fill up with? Or is Amile assuming this?

Hmmm...call me dumb. According to the article there are no more schollies left if Coleman decides to come to the Cuse leaving none for Jefferson. Brandon Reese was given a schollie last year but indicated he would giive it back and pay his own way (which, according to the article he is). Therefore we have 1 schollie left over from Brandon Reese and with Scoop and KJo gone that makes 3 available schollies ... Grant takes one, Coleman takes one,leaving one for Jefferson. Are my math and assumptions way off?

Also interesting... According to the article Jefferson reports that SU hasn't offered a schollie as of yet. The pay boards all indicate that an offer has been made by SU. I guess Jefferson would know better than hey would. So how come if my assumptions about schollies is correct? Francis?

Looks like my calculations were off. The team has two scholarships still available for 2012-13 not one, so it isn't an either/or thing between Jefferson and Coleman, as previously stated in the post. I totally forgot about Riley leaving when I did the math, so my bad.

That is interesting how he phrased that.

he need but only ask for one. Also, I was watching some of his film last night, he does not dunk... at all (not that thats a bad thing).

Also interesting... According to the article Jefferson reports that SU hasn't offered a schollie as of yet. The pay boards all indicate that an offer has been made by SU. I guess Jefferson would know better than hey would. So how come if my assumptions about schollies is correct? Francis?

That's not quite true. Jefferson was offered a scholie in July, and he talked openly to the press about how the Syracuse scholie offer was "humbling."

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-0711/amile-jefferson-offer-from-syracuse-humbling/

Obviously, the scholarship numbers discussed in the "hot on the trial" article are incorrect.

I must have gotten up to early this AM... another thing I am not understanding. Here is a kid who was favorable to SU and now he looks to be a Villanova lean (per Zagoria)... Why haven't we been all over him like flies on .