An Early Look at the Top NYS Prospects for 2018 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

An Early Look at the Top NYS Prospects for 2018

Who are you talking about? If you know of players that deserve mention, list their names and accomplishments. This thread exists to promote NYS kids as college prospects...
From Troy H.S. Dev Holmes received offers from Army, Navy, Villanova and Albany and Joe Casale offered by Army, Albany and a PWO from Cuse.

From Troy H.S. Dev Holmes received offers from Army, Navy, Villanova and Albany and Joe Casale offered by Army, Albany and a PWO from Cuse.
That is great. Congrats to both.

How about Joey Ward. 2000 yards and 1st team All State last year. Trending the same this year. Watched him vs Shen last night. He has some unreal moves. Hope someone takes a chance on him like they did with Canzeri.
H.S. FOOTBALL: Troy High runs over Shen, 50-14, in AA semifinal

How about Joey Ward. 2000 yards and 1st team All State last year. Trending the same this year. Watched him vs Shen last night. He has some unreal moves. Hope someone takes a chance on him like they did with Canzeri.
H.S. FOOTBALL: Troy High runs over Shen, 50-14, in AA semifinal

He had a great game today in the AA final. Troy beat Lancaster 41-26. Ward had over 200 yards rushing an 3 TDs against what was through to be the state';s top defense. He went over 2,000 yards for the season. He's 5-9 190 with moves galore, including a great spin move. The announcers compared him to Floyd Little, (ironic because I compared Joe Andreessen, who tackled him a couple of guys and had a good game in his won right, to Larry Csonka.)
Troy High wins second straight Class AA football state championship

I tried to find out where Ward is going or who had offered him and was unable to find anything.

He had a great game today in the AA final. Troy beat Lancaster 41-26. Ward had over 200 yards rushing an 3 TDs against what was through to be the state';s top defense. He went over 2,000 yards for the season. He's 5-9 190 with moves galore, including a great spin move. The announcers compared him to Floyd Little, (ironic because I compared Joe Andreessen, who tackled him a couple of guys and had a good game in his won right, to Larry Csonka.)
Troy High wins second straight Class AA football state championship

I tried to find out where Ward is going or who had offered him and was unable to find anything.
Yeah, I don't know if it's an eligibility issue or if he is planning to go to prep school next year. You would think he would be talented enough for some major college to take a chance on him. It's amazing how many tackles he avoids and escapes.

Yeah, I don't know if it's an eligibility issue or if he is planning to go to prep school next year. You would think he would be talented enough for some major college to take a chance on him. It's amazing how many tackles he avoids and escapes.

It would be fun to recruit ''Larry Csonka' and 'Floyd Little' again, five decades later.

Lots of all time great mentions in a recruiting thread usually means it's gone a bit off the deep end.

Devin Holmes Troy NY High decommits from Villanova and Commits to Albany. Will sign next week.

Rutgers just got a commit from DE Matt Thomas out of Midwood HS in the Brooklyn. Don't see him listed in the Top 50. Is Rutgers grabbing at whoever they can get?

2 4 7 has him as the 15th ranked player in NY with offers from Towsen, Buffalo, Lehigh, Maine, Temple and WF. Hmmmm...

Wonder how many players are leaving on their own or encouraged to leave to free up scholarships?

Wonder how many players are leaving on their own or encouraged to leave to free up scholarships?
I don’t follow Rutgers recruiting but I know in recent years, they have taken a lot of NYS kids no one else at the P5 level was interested in. I think they have really struggled to fill out their classes and gotten desperate on a regular basis. A few of them have ended up decent players who have contributed to their team.

On the topic of Top NYS Prospect threads, it is going to be a real challenge to come up with a list for next season. I rely heavily on the all region and all league teams that come up each year. I am not sure if any HS team in NYS was allowed to play this fall. Pretty sure there have been no teams released and there is little info on there on the best players returning. It is a real shame.

The majority of the top players from NYS from Long Island, NYC and Westchester County transferred to NJ schools and played there.

What a sad state of affairs for NYS football. I think a lot of deserving kids from the state, especially from upstate NY, are going to miss out on scholarships, or have to settle for playing at a lower level than they would ordinarily play at. I bet a lot of seniors end up going to prep school to get another chance to win a good scholarship...

I don’t follow Rutgers recruiting but I know in recent years, they have taken a lot of NYS kids no one else at the P5 level was interested in. I think they have really struggled to fill out their classes and gotten desperate on a regular basis. A few of them have ended up decent players who have contributed to their team.

On the topic of Top NYS Prospect threads, it is going to be a real challenge to come up with a list for next season. I rely heavily on the all region and all league teams that come up each year. I am not sure if any HS team in NYS was allowed to play this fall. Pretty sure there have been no teams released and there is little info on there on the best players returning. It is a real shame.

The majority of the top players from NYS from Long Island, NYC and Westchester County transferred to NJ schools and played there.

What a sad state of affairs for NYS football. I think a lot of deserving kids from the state, especially from upstate NY, are going to miss out on scholarships, or have to settle for playing at a lower level than they would ordinarily play at. I bet a lot of seniors end up going to prep school to get another chance to win a good scholarship...
Yes. Very tough time. There’s hope for the spring. It would be condensed and not ideal but it’s something. There’s thoughts of having showcases for players to perform in front of coaches or videotape events and send them to coaches.

Yes. Very tough time. There’s hope for the spring. It would be condensed and not ideal but it’s something. There’s thoughts of having showcases for players to perform in front of coaches or videotape events and send them to coaches.
I hope something can be worked out. I really feel for the kids and the coaches too. I am sure the coaching aren’t doing it because of the pay but for the love of the game. Anything is better than nothing.

I hope something can be worked out. I really feel for the kids and the coaches too. I am sure the coaching aren’t doing it because of the pay but for the love of the game. Anything is better than nothing.
Appreciate it

Maybe they can have a 'college day' like college players have a 'pro day'. A sort of 'combine' run not by one college but by several, maybe by a conference if that would be legal.

Maybe they can have a 'college day' like college players have a 'pro day'. A sort of 'combine' run not by one college but by several, maybe by a conference if that would be legal.
In a normal recruiting season there are actually camps that are run that way. Held by one school but with coaches from other schools present.

Thank you.

Update:

BC took Tyler Days from CNS, a 6'1 CB that almost no one has heard of. SU was interested in a CB from CNS with great speed and bad grades. Days is not that guy. They also took Elijah Jones and the already mentioned QB Matt Valecce and DT Kevin Bennermon.

UConn has taken a OL from Schenectady named Liam Maloney, a DB from Brooklyn named Shamel Lazarus and a skinny WR from LI named Heron Maurisseau. Maloney and Maurisseau are really off the grid.

Temple took a DE from Brooklyn named Antonio Colclough and the already mentioned Brooklyn WR Sean Ryan.

Rutgers took player of of Brooklyn no one has ever heard of named Kessawn Abraham, along with Scott, Woods and Lacewell. Anderson was probably the most notable player they took.

Maryland, Penn State and Pitt passed on NYS this year. Unusual.

Anyway, congrats to all who got scholarships. All told, I believe the number of scholarships to major schools is over 20 again. Well done.

Thank you.

Update:

BC took Tyler Days from CNS, a 6'1 CB that almost no one has heard of. SU was interested in a CB from CNS with great speed and bad grades. Days is not that guy. They also took Elijah Jones and the already mentioned QB Matt Valecce and DT Kevin Bennermon.

UConn has taken a OL from Schenectady named Liam Maloney, a DB from Brooklyn named Shamel Lazarus and a skinny WR from LI named Heron Maurisseau. Maloney and Maurisseau are really off the grid.

Temple took a DE from Brooklyn named Antonio Colclough and the already mentioned Brooklyn WR Sean Ryan.

Rutgers took player of of Brooklyn no one has ever heard of named Kessawn Abraham, along with Scott, Woods and Lacewell. Anderson was probably the most notable player they took.

Maryland, Penn State and Pitt passed on NYS this year. Unusual.

Anyway, congrats to all who got scholarships. All told, I believe the number of scholarships to major schools is over 20 again. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom