Class of 2021 - An Early Look at the Top Prospects in NYS for 2021 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 An Early Look at the Top Prospects in NYS for 2021

Great news about Moss - and some quick updating by TomCat. It's a nice list ... and there are some good looking upstate prospects still available. There's a RB from W. Genny (Brumfield) that has some speed - not sure if he's P5 material. And there are a couple of DL that might have p5 size. Bonani from Pittsford and Wilson from McQuaid. Is the 6'7 OL (Glamos) from B-Ville a p5 prospect?
Glamos looks really raw. He has potential but needs to hit the weights hard. Wilson looks like he might be P5 material.

I think SU will eventually offer Mike Washington. Maybe Brumfield too. Churney out of Auburn is supposed to have an offer from UB (I think as an athlete). I am a big fan of Jaworski, the MLB out of WNY and that Davis kid out of Schenectady is one of the fastest sprinters in the state. He isn't a smurf either.

The guy I might like most from upstate is probably Lucas Scott. He needs to get an offer.

Glamos looks really raw. He has potential but needs to hit the weights hard. Wilson looks like he might be P5 material.

I think SU will eventually offer Mike Washington. Maybe Brumfield too. Churney out of Auburn is supposed to have an offer from UB (I think as an athlete). I am a big fan of Jaworski, the MLB out of WNY and that Davis kid out of Schenectady is one of the fastest sprinters in the state. He isn't a smurf either.

The guy I might like most from upstate is probably Lucas Scott. He needs to get an offer.
Scott and davis jump out too. I'm no analyst ... but it seems like we have real talent here, even if the competition isn't texas or florida level. I was stoked we got Mahar (Justin Lustig). He's going to be good. And Moss this cycle (Vince Reynolds) looks like a good bet to contribute. It would be awesome to keep the NY momentum going and land a couple more out of scott, davis, jaworski ... maybe washington, brumfield and the DLfrom McQuaid (wilson).

Last edited:
I agree with tomcat I really like Lucas Scott. I been hoping for a while we would offer him.

Scott and davis jump out too. I'm no analyst ... but it seems like we have real talent here, even if the competition isn't texas or florida level. I was stoked we got Mahar (Justin Lustig). He's going to be good. And Moss this cycle (Vince Reynolds) looks like a good bet to contribute. It would be awesome to keep the NY momentum going and land a couple more out of scott, davis, jaworski ... maybe washington, brumfield and the DLfrom McQuaid (wilson).
As a former Franklin High Quaker i really cant cheer for anything McQuaid lol. But Syracuse should be all over Wilson. He would be a 3year starter for us

Great news about Moss - and some quick updating by TomCat. It's a nice list ... and there are some good looking upstate prospects still available. There's a RB from W. Genny (Brumfield) that has some speed - not sure if he's P5 material and we're loaded at RB. But DL are at a premium - and I see a couple of kids that might have p5 size: Bonani from Pittsford and Wilson from McQuaid. Also, is the 6'7 OL (Glamos) from B-Ville a p5 prospect?
Not sure if I mentioned previously but Jaelin Moss Coach Marc Vitticore started the Prospect NYS site to help kids get exposure. Its a database that gives college coaches access to NYS kids. There's a power 100 showcase that he does, along with interviews with players and coaches. Here's the site. Prospect NYS - Recruiting Database

Not sure if I mentioned previously but Jaelin Moss Coach Marc Vitticore started the Prospect NYS site to help kids get exposure. Its a database that gives college coaches access to NYS kids. There's a power 100 showcase that he does, along with interviews with players and coaches. Here's the site. Prospect NYS - Recruiting Database
Money: Are you surprised Manny Russell from Aq is not getting more notice ? He is very talented.

Money: Are you surprised Manny Russell from Aq is not getting more notice ? He is very talented.
He can play at the D1 level for sure. Im not sure why he doesnt have offers at this point. Lets seem how it plays out. If anything he would be a great prep school candidate.

This list was compiled by looking at many all league, all section and all region teams, and by watching many, many tapes of players.

I am happy to say football recruits in NYS are doing a much better job getting highlight films together, promoting themselves. As always, many of the players listed play other sports, and a number will play another sport in college. Usually lacrosse.

I will make some follow up posts on some of my favorite players in coming weeks.

Enjoy.

Top Prospects in NYS HS Football Class of 2021
Made some updates today. It is a strong class.

Up to 37 players with offers to date. I believe 11 players have offers from P5 schools already, 12 if you count Seven.

A lot of players I liked a lot have gotten offers, including Lucas Scott (Air Force), Rushawn Baker, Clermer Lubin and Matt Jaworski. It will be interesting to see how many more get offers from SU and other P5 schools.

I find Darius Wilson an interesting prospect. He is from Iona Prep, Lefty. Nice athlete. Very smart. He has offers from almost all the Ivy League schools, plus places like Fordham and William and Mary. 4.0 GPA. Good arm, nice touch, footwork needs work, but he has nice size (6’3 195) and he runs well. I like QBs with offers from Ivy League schools. It has worked in the past.

Might be worth another look.

Noah Bodden QB, says ”Lost SU offer”. What does that mean?
He once had an SU offer. He does not have it any longer. It is believed he lost it when SU got a new OC.

Sutomcat I am glad you compile this every year. I looked at the last three years and it seems we have high end talent in NY every single year that other P5 schools mine. Of particular note is the fact that we have multiple NYS players every year that are much higher ranked than Syracuse's highest commit that same year and they commit to other high P5 schools elsewhere. If we got 5 of top 8 or even 1 of top 2 players in our state every year, its scary to think how much better we would be. Again we would be essentially adding the best player to the class every year. New reason to say I love NY. Here is what we could've added.

2021 SU top recruit currently NYS Moss #926
*Rb Seven Mcgee 4star #120 overall recruit Oregon commit 8 P5 offers
*DE Jahzion Harris 4star #206 overall recruit TXAM commit 15 high P5 offers
*We got the 3rd and 4th recruits Moss and Mathew which is good. So far the 3rd best player in NY is our top recruit. again at the moment

2020 SU top recruit Kinsler #665 overall

*Rb Tirek Murphy 4 star #270 overall recruit Purdue commit 24 P5 offers
*Rb Israel Abanikanda 3star #425 overall recruit Pitt commit 11 P5 offers
*Ath William Mohan3 star #459 overall recruit Mich commit 12 P5 offers
*LB Cullen Coleman 3 star #532 overall recruit Northwestern commit 19 P5 offers
* Rb Lamy Constant 3 star #540 overall recruit Toledo recruit after WV transfer 22 P5 offers
We got # 6 state recruit Mahar

2019 SU top recruit Kopogba #432
*DE Adisa Isaac 4 star #92 overall recruit Penn ST commit 27 P5 offers 15 high P5 offers. We were close to getting him
*S Osita Smith 4 star #282 overall recruit WV commit - now UMD
*DT Jason Blisset 4 star #294 overall Miami commit 15 P5 offers
*DT Jared Harrison-Haunte 3 star #519 overall Miami commit 20 P5 offers
Syracuse didnt get any of the top 20 in the state

I dont know if you have ever drawn that direct correlation but it is eye opening looking at it now. Lets hope Syracuse closes more of the top talent in NY state. Lets go Orange!!!!!

QB Tyler Szalkowski/Aquinas committed to UAlbany yesterday over Lafayette.

money3189 have you heard anything about Jeremiah Davis (WR Schenectady)? Tom's (very helpful) list doesn't show any D-1 offers ... and the kid has decent size and separation speed. Seems like he's flying under the radar without a lot of film out there. Is SU aware of him?

Last edited:
money3189 have you heard anything about Jeremiah Davis (WR Schenectady)? Tom's (very helpful) list doesn't show any D-1 offers ... and the kid has decent size and separation speed. Seems like he's flying under the radar without a lot of film out there. Is SU aware of him?
He is the type of player that really could benefit by going to the SU camp. There is little film, he plays in an area where HS football is weak and historically has been under recruited. I suspect he is a D1 talent. Definitely has the size and speed.

If his grades are in order, it would be really good for him to get a tape out to the big football schools in the Northeast and promote himself better. Hopefully a bunch of good highlights exist and just have not been compiled into a good highlight film.

Now is the perfect time to make a highlight film. Even if all you have is him running in a parking lot or working out in a home gym. The same applies to a bunch of other kids from NY. We just don't have the same mentality HS programs and HS coaches have in the south to promote the players and programs the right way.

I think the SU camp is still on (late July, link below). Hopefully Davis gets an invite from us ... so he can get to know the staff. I hear what you're saying about promoting NY football, but I also love humble (non self-promoting) kids ... perfect for ohana and the less recruiting drama the better.

I think the SU camp is still on (late July, link below). Hopefully Davis gets an invite from us ... so he can get to know the staff. I hear what you're saying about promoting NY football, but I also love humble (non self-promoting) kids ... perfect for ohana and the less recruiting drama the better.
Hoping the camps don’t get cancelled. There were 2 scheduled for Saturday but they were pushed to July 25th, which was originally only a ‘last chance’ camp.

Lots of other schools have cancelled all their summer camps. Fingers crossed.

I havent heard of him but I will look into him. Thanks for sharing

Sutomcat I am glad you compile this every year. I looked at the last three years and it seems we have high end talent in NY every single year that other P5 schools mine. Of particular note is the fact that we have multiple NYS players every year that are much higher ranked than Syracuse's highest commit that same year and they commit to other high P5 schools elsewhere. If we got 5 of top 8 or even 1 of top 2 players in our state every year, its scary to think how much better we would be. Again we would be essentially adding the best player to the class every year. New reason to say I love NY. Here is what we could've added.

2021 SU top recruit currently NYS Moss #926
*Rb Seven Mcgee 4star #120 overall recruit Oregon commit 8 P5 offers
*DE Jahzion Harris 4star #206 overall recruit TXAM commit 15 high P5 offers
*We got the 3rd and 4th recruits Moss and Mathew which is good. So far the 3rd best player in NY is our top recruit. again at the moment

2020 SU top recruit Kinsler #665 overall

*Rb Tirek Murphy 4 star #270 overall recruit Purdue commit 24 P5 offers
*Rb Israel Abanikanda 3star #425 overall recruit Pitt commit 11 P5 offers
*Ath William Mohan3 star #459 overall recruit Mich commit 12 P5 offers
*LB Cullen Coleman 3 star #532 overall recruit Northwestern commit 19 P5 offers
* Rb Lamy Constant 3 star #540 overall recruit Toledo recruit after WV transfer 22 P5 offers
We got # 6 state recruit Mahar

2019 SU top recruit Kopogba #432
*DE Adisa Isaac 4 star #92 overall recruit Penn ST commit 27 P5 offers 15 high P5 offers. We were close to getting him
*S Osita Smith 4 star #282 overall recruit WV commit - now UMD
*DT Jason Blisset 4 star #294 overall Miami commit 15 P5 offers
*DT Jared Harrison-Haunte 3 star #519 overall Miami commit 20 P5 offers
Syracuse didnt get any of the top 20 in the state

I dont know if you have ever drawn that direct correlation but it is eye opening looking at it now. Lets hope Syracuse closes more of the top talent in NY state. Lets go Orange!!!!!
We're trying, general. We have commits from two top-10 players (#5 and #9), and offers out to #3, #6, #7, #8 and #10. Hopefully the staff is aware of some others mentioned in this thread (Scott, Davis, Wilson, etc) and will reach out.

Last edited:
Made some updates today. It is a strong class.

Up to 37 players with offers to date. I believe 11 players have offers from P5 schools already, 12 if you count Seven.

A lot of players I liked a lot have gotten offers, including Lucas Scott (Air Force), Rushawn Baker, Clermer Lubin and Matt Jaworski. It will be interesting to see how many more get offers from SU and other P5 schools.

I find Darius Wilson an interesting prospect. He is from Iona Prep, Lefty. Nice athlete. Very smart. He has offers from almost all the Ivy League schools, plus places like Fordham and William and Mary. 4.0 GPA. Good arm, nice touch, footwork needs work, but he has nice size (6’3 195) and he runs well. I like QBs with offers from Ivy League schools. It has worked in the past.

Might be worth another look.

Nice analysis and I agree about the ivy's. Ivy offers and good size already is a great start at success. Smart prep and quick in play decision making is 75% of the battle to great qb play.

Interesting. Probably a good decision. Spring HS football will probably be a watered down version of itself, with some players choosing baseball, lacrosse or track instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom