An old power is rising again in the East! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

An old power is rising again in the East!

I like Shafer and am glad he is on our side. But I'd take Hackett over him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good Gawd! And do you remember all the posters who were ready to through Hackett under the bus and then back up over him last year and the beginning of this season? My, my, my , how things change!

Good Gawd! And do you remember all the posters who were ready to through Hackett under the bus and then back up over him last year and the beginning of this season? My, my, my , how things change!

Sorry--"throw", not "through"...

I want to see him do it again next year with an unproven quarterback. Put together another strong offense with Loeb or Hunt running the show and you'll have a new coaching star who will be tough to hold on to.

I want to see him do it again next year with an unproven quarterback. Put together another strong offense with Loeb or Hunt running the show and you'll have a new coaching star who will be tough to hold on to.

I agree...he's hot right now with the 2 week thing but if he can get the same numbers in 2013 the sky is the limit. VT would kill for Hackett, that is one messed up offense and it's pretty cool to know they (imo) couldn't touch a coach from SU. Now LSU or Ohio St...that would be a tough foe to compete with.

I'm very happy with all our coaches and would hate to lose any of them but with success comes more choices and opportunity.

Just got back from NYC - god I love the old NE football in the snow, sleet and rain. We manhandled those pussies from West Virginia - if you could see the tears in my eyes mixed in with the rain and snow watching that game - wish we could use some of that ACC money to go back to an open air FB stadium! Freezin my you now what off but not feelin it cause I was loaded!!!

We are really sitting pretty right now:

1. Ped St on the fall
2. Rutgers the new doormat of the B1G
3. UCONN - F them!
4. BC - who are they besides hockey which I grant them that!

Who is left folks? An old power is rising again in the East and thats SU baby! God I love our program right now!

Did I say yet that WVA coaches are the biggest pussies? DH is on the same level as Kippen imo which is the lowest of the low - 2 pussies right there!

I am just sooooooooooooooo happy right now! OK now I am off to read Orangeyes articles = ha ha = it will take me the rest of the night cause their so many of them!!!

Did I say that WVA dude is really a dudette?

Man I got this feeling we are going big time next year - 10-3 season predicted right here and now! I really love our FB program right now!

Anyone else out there lovin it right now? I am sure you are all their just havent read the forum yet! God bless you all and god bless Marrone, the coaches and the players! Happy New Year!
I really hope you are not a student at my beloved alma mater. If you are, I cringe at the thought that you represent the type of individual SU is sending out in the world.

Shamarko is a GIANT loss... But then there's Sharpe, Goggins, and diet tab.

We were slightly less than average this year and I think we'll stay at that level.

a less than average defense - are you nuts??? explain how this defense is not BETTER next season than this year? LBs - all back plus stud juco coming in. DL will be the deepest in years and will be huge (Bromley will have a huge season). DBs - Shamarko will be missed, but the corners will be fantastic and deep.

Not sure I agree. There's more to coaching than game day, and having heard both coaches speak, I'd much rather play for Schafer. And I love schafers aggressive philosophy. I still can't tell if the offense is Hackett or Marrone. Which one decided to change the whole scheme this year?

I really hope you are not a student at my beloved alma mater. If you are, I cringe at the thought that you represent the type of individual SU is sending out in the world.

I suppose you are the type of "non" fan that tells we excited fans to "sit down" when we score a TD. Your response was what I call a "sucker" punch. Im sure most people would rather have 50k of me in the stands than 50k of you - nuff said. You are the problem, not me.

Siriki had the instincts of an NFL player and the size of a CFL player.

I tend to agree. We lose a ton offensively and i am very concerned about the qb position.

If Pugh decides to stay for some reason, we are going to be very good next year. If that line keeps together, with the RBs we have, we will have a solid ball control offense. Our defense loses some guys, but we have a lot of very solid guys returning, as well.

I'm not worried about replacing diabate. He had a great second half if the season and played much better than I anticipated. But I thought a lot if that was the way Shaffer used him.

Diabate did not do much scraping. Shaffer used him to shoot gaps the entire year. He had a chance to make plays in the backfield, but often he was put out of position because of pursuit angles.

If we get a bigger mike next year, I think Shaffer will use him in a more traditional role.

I think diabates performance was directly related to the role Shaffer gave him.

Good coaching.

I'm not worried about replacing diabate. He had a great second half if the season and played much better than I anticipated. But I thought a lot if that was the way Shaffer used him.

Diabate did not do much scraping. Shaffer used him to shoot gaps the entire year. He had a chance to make plays in the backfield, but often he was put out of position because of pursuit angles.

If we get a bigger mike next year, I think Shaffer will use him in a more traditional role.

I think diabates performance was directly related to the role Shaffer gave him.

Good coaching.

Don't agree. The role he had is the way we use the MLB. We don't play a defense that uses a Jack Lambert type in the middle. Heck, the plan one day was to use Cater at MLB and he was no brute. Diet Tab was all over the field and had great instincts as well as good lateral movement.

Look at it this way. Spruill was 2nd team all BE the year before at MLB and we moved him outside. So they must have seen something in Diet Tab as we had other options at OLB.

Shamarko is a big hitter, not form tackler, with average coverage skills. He'd make his mark a few times a game but wasn't as important to the overall scheme. He missed a lot of PT due to injuries this year, including parts of the Pinstripe, and we didn't really miss a beat. We would have if Diet Tab had gone down.

Eskridge is the guy I think elevates next year...Liked his play.

A lot of backups played (except for qb) so I think we'll be fine across the board. There isn't a position that a guy is leaving that someone currently on the roster has not played in a game.