Anae/Dino | Syracusefan.com

Anae/Dino

DPCuse

Starter
I’d love to know what the semi heated conversation was between Dino and Anae in the 4th quarter last night. They seemed to have a bit of a disagreement about something. Can’t remember exactly when it was. I believe it was when we were down in the red zone.

I’d love to know what the semi heated conversation was between Dino and Anae in the 4th quarter last night. They seemed to have a bit of a disagreement about something. Can’t remember exactly when it was. I believe it was when we were down in the red zone.
Yeah, that was interesting. One question in play (that the announcers didn’t even mention) is whether we should instruct tucker to take a knee if in that situation to waste a couple downs before scoring.

Yeah, that was interesting. One question in play (that the announcers didn’t even mention) is whether we should instruct tucker to take a knee if in that situation to waste a couple downs before scoring.
I thought about that. We were only up 8 and BC had 2 timeouts remaining so theoretically we could have shot ourselves in the foot in the red zone (have we ever seen that?) and BC could have got a possession with a chance to tie. So I’m ok taking the TD and going up by 2 TDs that late in the game.

I thought about that. We were only up 8 and BC had 2 timeouts remaining so theoretically we could have shot ourselves in the foot in the red zone (have we ever seen that?) and BC could have got a possession with a chance to tie. So I’m ok taking the TD and going up by 2 TDs that late in the game.
No it was the prior driver. We were up one and the td made it eight so a one possession game with more than two minutes

Dino was heated? That might actually be a sign of improvement.

Or him driving off one of our most important staff members.
I would say Anae was heated…..Dino looked to be calming him down and explaining “his decision” which Anae didn’t look to agree with. It probably happens a dozen times a game on the sideline but the cameras happen to catch it this time.

There’s definitely something going on between these two that needs a night out on the town to fix.

I obviously don’t know enough to point any fingers but I am reminded that when we hired them, everyone had nice things to say about Beck, no one seemed to have nice things to say about Anae.

Taking the knee to waste time is rarely the right answer. Score the points, fire up the defense, make the opponent work that much harder. Besides, there is no guarantee the opponent won’t be fired up at the obvious insult of taking the knee, they could stop the drive and score.

As it was, scoring put BC in the hard place of limited time, opportunities for mistake, and failure. Which worked out just fine for SU. And usually does in similar situations. Just this fan's opinion.

I had assumed Dino wanted to confirm he wanted a running play but that might have been what I hoped. I didn't think it was really heated.

I had assumed Dino wanted to confirm he wanted a running play but that might have been what I hoped. I didn't think it was really heated.
You are right. It wasn’t a heated exchange but Anae had a look on his face that clearly said he wasn’t happy. And Dino was “managing” the situation.

You are right. It wasn’t a heated exchange but Anae had a look on his face that clearly said he wasn’t happy. And Dino was “managing” the situation.
I think when we scored there was the first time I ever saw Anae smile.

I think when we scored there was the first time I ever saw Anae smile.
Ha exactly. He’s a grumpy man - so was coach P. I was shocked before the FSU game when Rhino gave Anae a big hug and embrace pre game. They both smiled. It wasn’t unusual to see the emotion from Chris….but I didn’t have Anae as a hugger in my book.

I still think the best outcome is that Beck takes over as OC when Anae is done.

Who even is our rb coach? For the love of god give Allen some run.

Who even is our rb coach? For the love of god give Allen some run.
I don’t think that’s on the rb coach. I’d talk to dino and anae about that one. I understand the importance of tucker but come on. Keep tuckers legs fresh and give a little different of running style a chance. I haven’t another program commit to one rb like we have. I’m not saying it’s uncommon, iv just never witnessed it.

Im not sold Tucker’s leaving. Did he participate in the senior walk with mikel and garrett?

You know, now that you mentioned it, I've been wondering the same. He may come back after this season, but if he's truly been injured, he may not want to risk another season in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom