And can I just say... | Syracusefan.com

And can I just say...

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
St. John's first bucket was offensive goaltending and should have been waived off. Drives me insane when they allow that play. And why wasn't the broadcast team saying something about that, like Bilas would have?

Agreed. Had the same reaction when the play happened in real time.

I didn't notice that one. The worst call imo was I think Grant but not sure being set for about 10 minutes outside the restricted area on a break in the 1st half and getting called for a block. I'm generally with Bilas that 80% of "charges" are really blocks but What if that isn't a charge nothing is.

Keep in mind that Fox has the broadcasting rights to Big East basketball, so, of course the announcers are going to slant their bias towards them. Notice they never mentioned the size of the Orange crowd today. When has that ever happened. Crowd had to be about 50% Orange.

Agree with texascpa above. Gus Johnson (who I like) went wild much more for STJ it seemed.

Yeah they do that alot if they want us to finally lose a game they treat us like we are a smart team not exciting in close games. While the other team is the second coming of inspiration and hustle.

Did you see St Johns push off hard with thier off forearm before shooting a jumper like 3-4 times today? Not once did they call it out.

We are #2 and named syracuse not Arizona, duke, kentucky, unc, michigan state, ohio state, kansas, florida, or uconn, the last 15 years this has been inevitable.

St Johns was only 6 and 2 coming into today and they are so much more exciting then our uneaten 9-0 coming into today with wins over indiana, baylor, minnesota, and california.

Seth Davis had us chalked up as a automatic loss of course, if it was duke, unc or kentucky playing he has them picked to win with a top 5 ranking against any team lower ranked then them no matter what.

Of course at halftime we will be sure to talk about what st johns has to do to win the game despite being down 12 at halftime, I guess all that hardwork we put in to be up by 12 at halftime was vain. If that was Jay Williams at half time st johns would have been the second coming of Michael Jordans Chicago Bulls.

Not that I care but today they predestined this as the day we will lose, and we still won.

Last edited:
Agree with texascpa above. Gus Johnson (who I like) went wild much more for STJ it seemed.
The plucky, gritty, gutty underdog always get the most play. As Wilt Chamberlain famously said: "Nobody cheers for Goliath".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom