And with the 8th pick the Bills select... | Syracusefan.com

And with the 8th pick the Bills select...

ConnectiCuse

Scout Team
Manti Te'o. At least according to Mel Kiper tonight on ESPN.

Talk about thread convergence...

I thought Mel would them taking Ryan Nasseeb there... I also kind of thought this was a post about another former member of the SU staff heading to Buffalo.

New, inexperienced coaching staff
Manti Te'o
Mark Sanchez (according to rumors)

Yep, that's your new season of Hard Knocks, folks.

now i know rodger springfield will be serving community service in buffalo

Manti Te'o

Good lord - not saying I'm in love with the way Doug has left us but I wouldn't wish Mark Sanchez on anyone

A lot of the draft "gurus" have T'Eo going as #8 to Buffalo. Doug manages soap operas so well.

A lot of the draft "gurus" have T'Eo going as #8 to Buffalo. Doug manages soap operas so well.
I thought before all this that T'Eo would be a bust. No way the guy I saw play against Alabama goes 8

With all the crap going on he is still a heck of a ball player. And will do well at the next level.

Anselmo was hired to get Te'o girls from NYC. Real ones.

Manti Te'o

I've yet to see anything about Sanchez to the Bills. I know the majority of you are pissed off about Marrone, and as bad as the Bills have been, but there is no way in hell they're going to pursue Sanchez.

Normally, I'd be excited about the prospect of having one of our players drafted as high as #8 in the first round.

But in this case, I actually think it would be better for Nassib to not be joined at the hip professionally with his former head coach--even if that means him going later in the draft and not having the benefit of being the head coach's chosen successor at QB. Buffalo is a shitty franchise, and it is likely that Marrone is going to get bounced in 3 years. Nassib might be better off going somewhere where he can start with a clean slate and not draw the ire of the fanbase if things don't go well.

Normally, I'd be excited about the prospect of having one of our players drafted as high as #8 in the first round.

But in this case, I actually think it would be better for Nassib to not be joined at the hip professionally with his former head coach--even if that means him going later in the draft and not having the benefit of being the head coach's chosen successor at QB. Buffalo is a shitty franchise, and it is likely that Marrone is going to get bounced in 3 years. Nassib might be better off going somewhere where he can start with a clean slate and not draw the ire of the fanbase if things don't go well.

Nassib needs to go the Aaron Rogers route and go to a team where he can sit for a couple of years. If he plays as a rookie, he's screwed.

#8? Wow. Shocking.

I recall a certain OSU linebacker that played sideline to sideline...was exciting to watch...and then he got to the NFL and couldnt shed blockers because he wasnt big enough. He ended up being an average linebacker for a fair number of years and then a below average linebacker the last few. I see Te'o having a similar career to AJ Hawk at best.

I believe Kiper posted his top picks before the Te'o thing hit the fan. I expect Mr Manti has dropped quite a few slots.

If the great BS artist Marrone-Bologna has his way, he'll probably draft Floyd Little and Chris Gedney, thus completely deflating our infrastructure.

Doug on selecting Manti " Its all about life skills and manti and I share a common trait"... It is called not telling the truth...

If the great BS artist Marrone-Bologna has his way, he'll probably draft Floyd Little and Chris Gedney, thus completely deflating our infrastructure.
based on my knowledge of FL and TBFOIB i think Floyd would pass

Manti Te'o

Oh, there are? As a die hard Bills fan, I can honestly say that this is the first I've ever heard of these rumors, and I read about a lot of rumors. Do you have a link?

I was just thinking what a cluster it is going to be in the Bills draft room with so little experience on the staff. This is not exactly territory for the OJT.

Oh, there are? As a die hard Bills fan, I can honestly say that this is the first I've ever heard of these rumors, and I read about a lot of rumors. Do you have a link?
I don't. Someone just mentioned on here yesterday that they had heard there was speculation that the Bills were looking into Sanchez.

I thought before all this that T'Eo would be a bust. No way the guy I saw play against Alabama goes 8

This. His stock took a huge hit IMHO in that game. I kept thinking to myself the speed difference here is just like that between college and the NFL.

With that said, it would be just like the draft savvy Bills to do this.

Maybe Hackett can work the butt fumble into the playbook as an option.

I don't. Someone just mentioned on here yesterday that they had heard there was speculation that the Bills were looking into Sanchez.

100% guaranteed it's not true. And besides that, looking in to a player that's under contract with another team is tampering anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom