And you thought Rutgers had weak non-conference schedules... | Syracusefan.com

And you thought Rutgers had weak non-conference schedules...

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
According to this story (scroll down), this season Texas Tech is scheduling a non-conference opponent from a Power 5 conference for the first time since 2003.

It's amazing how little 'play' these stories get. I, for one,think we have been over scheduling through our down period. Don't get me wrong I love seeing us play these teams, but in 2006 when it's me and 5000 others fans in dome for kickoff, I got the sadz. We should have been scheduling to ensure a 4-0 start every year

All that said, We're on the cusp of something big. Did not feel it at all during Robinson years (obviously), even felt something was lacking during marrone years, but this team and staff has a way different vibe. I'm freaking jacked up for the future.

Last edited:
It's amazing how little 'play' these stories get. I, for one,think we have been over scheduling through our down period. Don't get me wrong I love seeing us play these teams, but in 2006 when it's me and 5000 others fans in dome for kickoff, I got the sadz. We should have been scheduling to ensure a 4-0 start every year

All that said, We're on the cusp of something big. Did not feel it at all during Robinson years (obviously), even felt something was lacking during marrone years, but this team and staff has a way different vibe. I'm freaking jacked up for the future.

Yep, but wait until October through December when everybody and their grandma are complaining about SU Basketball not traveling outside of New York.

Yep, but wait until October through December when everybody and their grandma are complaining about SU Basketball not traveling outside of New York.
I'll save that post for a different thread. But it's coming.

Texas Blech does this primarily for two reasons:

1) Win totals. You win lots of games when you play patsies; see VATech, Rutgers, most SEC and Big 10 teams

2) What team in their right mind (Yes, WVU, I am looking at you!) wants to travel to Lubbock? Texas, TAMU, Baylor, et al. don't want to travel there, why would any other P5 team?

Texas Blech does this primarily for two reasons:

1) Win totals. You win lots of games when you play patsies; see VATech, Rutgers, most SEC and Big 10 teams

2) What team in their right mind (Yes, WVU, I am looking at you!) wants to travel to Lubbock? Texas, TAMU, Baylor, et al. don't want to travel there, why would any other P5 team?
I still don't get the WVU move to that conference. Baffles me. The travel, no rivals, etc. what do they get out of it other than $?, which is prolly the only factor that makes sense.

I still don't get the WVU move to that conference. Baffles me. The travel, no rivals, etc. what do they get out of it other than $?, which is prolly the only factor that makes sense.

The threat of being left behind.

The threat of being left behind.

And they had literally no other choices. The ACC made it pretty clear that they wouldn't extend an invite. The SEC wasn't taking them, and the BiG was still hoping for the ACC demise at that point, so they weren't taking WVU over potential spoils from the implosion of the ACC. WVU did what they had to do at that time. Thankfully the Big 12 took them so we could get Louisville. :)

Texas Blech! I love it! Very Mad Magazine!

If you want to see a pathetic, I mean beyond pathetic OOC schedule check out NC State. They will start 4-0 and Doeren will be a year 2 genius