Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think some are being too harsh on him and the family/father. He doesn't owe us anything. He's leaving Nebraska to improve his NBA stock as a 5th yr grad transfer. It's business to him/them and has to be mutually beneficial. Some of the "he doesn't like me enough" seems like teenage girl drama. Don't believe he's burned our bridge - even if some coaches are Redfaced ;)
It was a general assessment .

I kinda think that AW3 is killing time until JB et al return from the Olympics as though he's not going to make any announcement until JB is ready to focus on SU. The delay is causing me no personal concern...I'm busy and generally happy at the moment. This is Dan Johnson week...all other issues take a back seat. Celebrate a good man and don't worry about other stuff for a few days.

I guess he doesn't owe us anything, but we are offering him a chance to work towards a Grad Degree. While competing for a National Championship, exporsure on a big stage in the best basketball conference, in front of the most fans in NCAAB. All that will help his future. I think at the least he should respect the Coaches during the process, and his possible future teammates. Also if he comes, to come to play for the team which only increases his success and stats the better we play together, and the better results we put up.

If he wants a certain amount of minutes and shots, go elsewhere. All speculation from what has been said around here. The coaches know best, so if they are fine with it then I have confidence they will make it work. No matter how long it takes to become official, and for him to start building chemistry with his new teammates.

thumbs-up crean.jpg

I kinda think that AW3 is killing time until JB et al return from the Olympics as though he's not going to make any announcement until JB is ready to focus on SU. The delay is causing me no personal concern...I'm busy and generally happy at the moment. This is Dan Johnson week...all other issues take a back seat. Celebrate a good man and don't worry about other stuff for a few days.

Yeppers. JB is after all sort of important when it comes to SU bball.

It was a general assessment .
If you believe that's a general assessment I think he you could've worded it differently I agree that just way too much drama in this heat just weighing his options and just because were so impatient doesn't mean there's all these chinks in his armor MoveOn

He should be getting to know the individual on-court tendencies of each of his future teammates by now regardless of where his destination is. A decision should have been made and he should be on a campus. Does he have any concern for team chemistry? As a one and done hired gun he should be more concerned about fitting in and learning the system than he appears to be. If this keeps up he risks losing the comradery of his teammates. They regularly scrimmage and become familiar with each other's style. The longer this drags on the more of a chance of bad chemistry. Sheet or get off the pot.

i want players that want to play for Syracuse, not for themselves, or their dad, or their draft stock. The rest comes on its own in time with proven success as a player and teammate .

To players with a bball IQ, all those things are one and the same. Play good ball. Takes care of all the above.

I'm not worried in the least about any of that. We've got a hall of famer who has seen it all running the show.

He should be getting to know the individual on-court tendencies of each of his future teammates by now regardless of where his destination is. A decision should have been made and he should be on a campus. Does he have any concern for team chemistry? As a one and done hired gun he should be more concerned about fitting in and learning the system than he appears to be. If this keeps up he risks losing the comradery of his teammates. They regularly scrimmage and become familiar with each other's style. The longer this drags on the more of a chance of bad chemistry. Sheet or get off the pot.

We don't play a meaningful game for over 3 months. It will be fine IMO. I believe there was a time in college ball not that long ago in the scheme of things, where every player wasn't on campus for much of the summer and showed up when everyone else did. Plenty of time to play pickup games in Sept. and early Oct.

While I agree with your general assessment - I think AW3 wants to make it to the NBA, and if he feels he has to take as long as he needs to make that decision, that's what he's going to do. He may very well be down to Syracuse and some other school and is thinking "which system, supporting cast, playing style, coach, etc" will help me get to the NBA. He's played basketball his whole life so I'm sure the chemistry thing has value to him. But he may very well think that this decision could be the difference in going to the NBA or going overseas. We all think Syracuse is the best place for him, but it's right to take as long as he needs. Like someone else said, he really doesn't owe us anything.

While I agree with your general assessment - I think AW3 wants to make it to the NBA, and if he feels he has to take as long as he needs to make that decision, that's what he's going to do. He may very well be down to Syracuse and some other school and is thinking "which system, supporting cast, playing style, coach, etc" will help me get to the NBA. He's played basketball his whole life so I'm sure the chemistry thing has value to him. But he may very well think that this decision could be the difference in going to the NBA or going overseas. We all think Syracuse is the best place for him, but it's right to take as long as he needs. Like someone else said, he really doesn't owe us anything.

True!

This is what happens when 1 decision is myopically focused on with little inside info to go on. Speculation leads to frustration which leads to assumptions about why and who is keeping him from OUR school which leads to more frustration. All of which can seem reasonable.

Truth is probably more like "I have this final chance to put myself in a good position to achieve my dream, so there is no reason not to be sure"... Frustrating for us, but I'd bet from his view we look like crazy people lol.

This is what happens when 1 decision is myopically focused on with little inside info to go on. Speculation leads to frustration which leads to assumptions about why and who is keeping him from OUR school which leads to more frustration. All of which can seem reasonable.

Truth is probably more like "I have this final chance to put myself in a good position to achieve my dream, so there is no reason not to be sure"... Frustrating for us, but I'd bet from his view we look like crazy people lol.

If you step back and think about it, "fans" making this about themselves and their favorite team is bordering on crazy.

As Syracuse basketball fans, obviously we want a good player to be added to the team, but...cmon. Calm down. The kid's decision means a lot more to him than it does to any of us.

If you step back and think about it, "fans" making this about themselves and their favorite team is bordering on crazy.

As Syracuse basketball fans, obviously we want a good player to be added to the team, but...cmon. Calm down. The kid's decision means a lot more to him than it does to any of us.
Plus he's committing to Syracuse anyway.

We are crazy people. Feel like someone should have told you.

Huh???
Since when?

We are crazy people. Feel like someone should have told you.
No no we're not crazy, we're just passionate...

Hold on... I'm being told that in our case there's no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom