Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this White guy is not in a Syracuse practice jersey on Friday, this board will implode, perhaps rightfully so. I mean, come on, at that point we can all say, "what is this guy waiting for? Shouldn't he be excited about coming to SU, not hoping to register at the last possible moment?" I know it's his life and he can do what he wants, but...

Well, I'll stop typing now.

Last edited:
Well, late registration ends Sept 6, so I think he would have until then, technically.
Techinically. But at some point it has to matter that by then the whole team would have had to been on campus for 2 weeks. I want White here, but I'd rather not have him show up 2 weeks later than everyone else, sends the wrong message IMO

Techinically. But at some point it has to matter that by then the whole team would have had to been on campus for 2 weeks. I want White here, but I'd rather not have him show up 2 weeks later than everyone else, sends the wrong message IMO

Exactly my point made above: sends a bad message indeed.

Well, late registration ends Sept 6, so I think he would have until then, technically.
True. As others said on here, I can't fathom why you would want to start your graduate year a week behind classes and playing catch up. Also, I agree with iommi you would think if you knew this was 100% your last year in college, your last shot at something major, shouldn't you be excited, get up to campus ASAP, try to be a captain, lead 6am workouts etc. But he's much better at basketball than I ever was so he probably know what he's doing.

If this White guy is not in a Syracuse practice jersey on Friday, this board will implode, perhaps rightfully so. I mean, come on, at that point we can all say, "what is this guy waiting for? Shouldn't he be excited about coming to SU, not hoping to register at the last possible moment?" I know it's his life and he can do what he wants, but...

Well, I'll stop typing now.

Jake said he will be here Friday, I have faith in Jake.

He did not say that. He backed O13 and said he's not FOS. He never said, "AW will be here Friday."

We all have faith in Jake, but even Jake has to admit things aren't like they used to be. This has been stranger than strange. I'm personally not getting too worked up over this, but when it finally happens, it will be, ok, thank you AWIII, can't wait for the exhibition games. I know there are reasons for everything. This one: who knows?

He did not say that. He backed O13 and said he's not FOS. He never said, "AW will be here Friday."
I'm pretty sure I did read it but was deleted

I think its highly unlikely the coaches don't know if he's coming or not. Is he just gonna waltz in for the team meeting on Friday unannounced and say I'm here and ready to go. Doubtful. One way or another I firmly believe the staff knows. Illogical for any alternative scenario to be accurate.

As far as is he enrolled/committed/silent verbal etc. that's all just a play on words at this point.

To this point; where is he staying Friday night? Hop's couch. The staff has to know whether or not he is coming. But it is too late to sign an LOI and if he doesn't want to publicly announce the staff can't talk about him until he is formally enrolled, so there you have it...crickets.

To this point; where is he staying Friday night? Hop's couch. The staff has to know whether or not he is coming. But it is too late to sign an LOI and if he doesn't want to publicly announce the staff can't talk about him until he is formally enrolled, so there you have it...crickets.

He's a grad transfer. They don't sign LOI's. I'm sure they're planning for him to
come. People have said he's already chosen his classes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 189
Moyer is the man. If he plays anywhere near his heart and love for SU, look out!! If Moyer (and I believe he will) eventually becomes a contributor, he could end up being one of the most loved players in SU history.

On another note, anyone know why White hasn't committed yet???

True, if he's living in his hometown near VCU for the summer, maybe he didn't want to announce anything pro-SU because then VCU might not allow him near their players and facilities, and he'd have to deal with the backlash from VCU fans in his hometown which wouldn't be fun for a summer.
Mr. M, I think you may have hit on something. Good post.

We shall see. But I'd like to point out that in recent years there were some confidently predicting that BJ would play 2, that Roberson was a 3, etc. on this forum at the beginning of those players' careers.

I guarantee you one thing: JB is not going to play somebody at a position they are ill-suited for to let them audition for the NBA. It is preposterous to think otherwise.

I'm not someone who ever would have suggested either BJ or Roberson for those roles, and I don't imagine you're actually talking about my opinion; it's just some strawman argument. White wants to play the 2, at least get some minutes there. If you don't think that factors into the school choices of prospects, then you're just not paying attention.

I do agree that JB won't play someone where they're not suited. But how many minutes is Battle going to play PG and Gillon sit on the bench - 10 or so? Fifteen tops? That's how much time White will see at the 2, because White and Battle make a good match as guards. Battle with the ball in his hands can drive and score, or kick to White on the perimeter for 3. It's so obvious, I don't see why you keep refusing to see this lineup possibility, and are being so stubborn about it. The kid shot 41% from three in the Big 10 last year and was a 16 PPG scorer.

We already have Roberson and Lydon as forwards, not counting either freshman. They are both going to play at least 30 minutes a game. One is a senior who is going to average a double double this year, and the other is a first round pick. That leaves maybe 20 minutes between both forward positions, if Thompson and Moyer *never* play. How is White going to average more than 20 minutes a game if he *only* plays forward? The math doesn't work.

That's why, if White comes here, he HAS to play some guard. It's math and it's the personnel. We have 3 PGs and no shooting guards. We have 4 forwards. Where do you see the opportunity to get on the court, if you are White? Exclusively at forward, as you say, or is it likely you are going to get some time at 2G? Where do you see your biggest roster need, if you are JB? You've already got 4 forwards and you have no shooting guard.

You have seen JB play many forwards at the 2G spot over the years, going all the way back to the early 80s. It's one of his hallmarks, really. Just like Duke has been a proponent of 3 guard offenses since before it was popular, and liked to fill one of those spots with an athletic guard who could get some boards. It's their way of playing. Just like JB tends to play 3 forwards, a center and a point guard. It's how they view their preferred personnel in a game.

100% spot on post. White has zero chance to make the league as a 3. He needs to show he can play the 2 and help out if needed at the 3. If he comes to Syracuse he will play 2 a ton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom