Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
O13, thanks for the updates along the way! Here's my take:

I think Houstoncuse put it best:
"I know many of us appreciate the information you've posted and we all want to like you, but then you add in stuff like that last sentence. The constant need for praise and validation has not only made it more difficult for you because it adds an air of desperation, but it has caused a significant rift here. I think you would have a much better experience here if you dailled that back some."

Dialing it back means focus on how to present your information in a concise manner and refrain from gloating about your insider status and putting the focus on yourself. For example, when you posted "Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) on Twitter

It's only fitting that I bring this to you!", the last part is not necessary.

You info is not controversial, it's your presentation. Everything from childish bragging to offering autographs.
Again, this is just my opinion. Please don't be defensive. I know you are well-meaning. I just think a different approach on your part will help stymie the backlash you have experienced.
This...

I hope rumors of a severe foot injury for Matt Moyer turn out to be inaccurate. He's so pumped for this season; I'd hate for him to miss it.

Other than that, this really puts us in the mix for another deep run. Once all the new players master the zone, this could be a great defensive team. Most people are thinking offense, but I'm very excited for how we can be defensively. AW is known as a weak defender, so hopefully he buys in.

I may have slipped a disc in my back while doing yardwork this morning and am now stuck laying in bed, but this is a damn good day!
Totally agree. I had just got home from church, then did a few things round the house, popped down on the sofa, clicked on ESPN website and saw that White had committed. I know I speak for most and glad this is finally OVER.

I hope rumors of a severe foot injury for Matt Moyer turn out to be inaccurate. He's so pumped for this season; I'd hate for him to miss it.

Other than that, this really puts us in the mix for another deep run. Once all the new players master the zone, this could be a great defensive team. Most people are thinking offense, but I'm very excited for how we can be defensively. AW is known as a weak defender, so hopefully he buys in.
Just was told foot is coming along, but they are probably going to red shirt him. It is still in a boot. He also gave up number 3 to White. He is the best team player even before he was on the team. I hope they can include him somehow even if he redshirts.

sein.gif

I think I'd redshirt him even if healthy.

Can't see how he gets much PT with White, Lydon, Roberson and even TT.

That part about the defense worries me. Not sure if he's a bad defender just going off what you said. 5th year guy at his 3rd school playing an entirely different defense. Could be troublesome.

Random thoughts:

Yeah, Goodman is strugg-a-ling.

I like that RVA Game Break article. The author gave JB credit for all 989 wins. He deserves the scoop for that reason alone.

Hate to see anyone get hurt, but Moyer is probably the one guy we can afford to lose.

I placed my bet in Vegas last month.

I'll like to reserve Apt B.
I wish I had a big house here, and not one guest room. I also just rented a friends condo through April 15, so can't use that. I do possibly have access to another house that I can use in Scottsdale if that does not get rented. I have alums with extra bedrooms. I will find as many people rooms as I possibly can. Now the team just has to do their part, lol!!

llandz said:
I wish I had a big house here, and not one guest room. I also just rented a friends condo through April 15, so can't use that. I do possibly have access to another house that I can use in Scottsdale if that does not get rented. I have alums with extra bedrooms. I will find as many people rooms as I possibly can. Now the team just has to do their part, lol!!

I was just kidding. No disrespect but the best place to stay is always the team hotel.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but there's something refreshing about a high profile recruit not making a big show about his college choice. White obviously has way more cache that most of the high school recruits who put on a drama with short lists, tantalizing tweets, and press conferences with multiple hats, etc. I like the fact that White apparently made his decision and is just showing up for the first day of classes like all of the other grad students. Maybe there's more to this story, but in my eyes, how he handled it shows a lot of maturity.
Joe, I like your reasoning. Just seems he's behaving more like a grad student than a HS junior or senior. Good post. Give the guy some credit for less drama. Refreshing, actually.

Now I have to regroup and find something else to do with my spare time. Any suggestions? Oh, the Q thread.

Last edited:
^^^ it's not about where we start but where we finish...the staff has some work ahead of them but is going to be fun to watch...I think we are going to see a few different rotations as HCJB tinkers with this group to start the season...

Totally agree, but we have at worst the third best roster in the conference.

I was expecting to get a Twitter notice on my phone when this went down. No better feeling then getting home from church, hopping on Syracusefan and seeing a big 'ole "COMMITTED" in the title of the AWIII thread!

O13 did work in the TT and AWIII threads, much respect and love the info. I'm kinda embarrassed that there are STILL posters complaining about the dude's "style" as if it was some moral absolute. Really?! Now?! Thanks again O13, now let's enjoy!

I was expecting to get a Twitter notice on my phone when this went down. No better feeling then getting home from church, hopping on Syracusefan and seeing a big 'ole "COMMITTED" in the title of the AWIII thread!
I was playing in a softball tournament this morning, so I wound up finding out via a text from my dad. Definitely not what I was expecting either.

But where does that put us nationally? The ACC is pretty good. It's not like we were 5th in the AAC or the Patriot league.

Probably top ten. Just pointing out he seems to value other ACC teams talented freshman and sophomores over our more veteran squad.

I thought before White came, we would be great defensively and ok offensively. Now we have the offense to take us over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom