Andrew White III | Syracusefan.com

Andrew White III

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Some of the dumbest posts I have seen on this board this season have been directed towards this guy. I'll say that a lot of that probably just comes from the fact the team as a whole has struggled relative to expectations and usual Syracuse standards, so you're always looking for the blame.

That said- 24 pts, 9 boards, 4 steals, 4 threes, 4-4 from the line. Some big box outs late. This guy has had a fantastic season for us, and has had multiple games with a very quiet 20+ pts.

He's doing exactly what everyone hoped he would do for his one year here. How often does that happen?

Some of the dumbest posts I have seen on this board this season have been directed towards this guy. I'll say that a lot of that probably just comes from the fact the team as a whole has struggled relative to expectations and usual Syracuse standards, so you're always looking for the blame.

That said- 24 pts, 9 boards, 4 steals, 4 threes, 4-4 from the line. Some big box outs late. This guy has had a fantastic season for us, and has had multiple games with a very quiet 20+ pts.

He's doing exactly what everyone hoped he would do for his one year here. How often does that happen?
Besides that great stat line, White played some tough D all game against some guys that had a few inches on him.

c'mon now. white's D is still A-trey-trocious. isaac ate him alive.

Come on now, don't you know he can't play in the ACC according to some on here.

any staff scouting our zone has already drawn a bulls eye on white III. but don't take my word on it.

White's inclusion in the rebounding effort has been game changing. He has been great all year shooting, but his defense and rebounding are coming along now. Last year, Mali shot it for us, rebounded, and got to the rim. At the beginning of the year, White was one dimensional. Now, as he is learning our system, his game is modeling Mali's more and more. Still doesn't get to the rim as well, but he shoots it better.

His defense, especially defensive rebounding and getting in passing lanes, was really good today. I was equally impressed with him running the floor and running around screens (how about the screen setters the past couple games, huh?) on offense. There were at least a few possessions where he got the rebound and started a fast break himself which got us into transition quickly for easy buckets. He's not fast but he looked quicker-thinking than the opponent. His hustle along with Battle's aggressiveness has really helped us improve.

Best he's looked defensively and on the boards from that wing position all year. Played instinctively.

Let's hope that continues. We need it to in order to get to the tourney.

The lights out shooting has been there all year... it took awhile but lately he is learning the shifts better in the zone D. He's also seems to be getting better at driving and being active on the boards. Everyone's complaints were that he can shoot and do nothing else but that wasn't really true before and even less so now. He and Lydon have been our MVPs so far.

Andrew can sure be frusturing when it comes to defense and rebounding at times, but you can't take away from how well he played these last 2 games. Has been killing it offensively and defensively. Give credit where it is due. We have a nice trio stepping up that can compete with anyone in the ACC in Lydon, Battle and White, and once we get contributions like Gillion today we can beat anyone in the country.

White gets the zone now. One of the best players we've had in the last decade. If he had better players around him we'd be a legit threat. If we didn't have him this year we'd be brutal. If you take Wes Johnson away from 2010 and add Andrew White we are close to the same team. The kid is legit.

His defense, especially defensive rebounding and getting in passing lanes, was really good today. I was equally impressed with him running the floor and running around screens (how about the screen setters the past couple games, huh?) on offense. There were at least a few possessions where he got the rebound and started a fast break himself which got us into transition quickly for easy buckets. He's not fast but he looked quicker-thinking than the opponent. His hustle along with Battle's aggressiveness has really helped us improve.

Yeah - he had a ton of deflections. Did a great job anticipating passes and getting a hand in there to be disruptive.

I admittedly have been emotionally unstable about AW3 this year. Early in the year I said he was one of the most talented offensive players in SU history. Then a short time ago I said I hated the way he played and that he didn't hustle or try. I'll try to be more even-keeled.

I posted basically this exact thread a week ago. He's our best player and he's a top 5 shooter we have had. Without him we have 7 wins. Tops.