Andrew White | Syracusefan.com

Andrew White

T

TCuse99

Some people seem down on him due to his less than stellar D, but he has been every bit of what we brought him in for. No? Dude is easily a top 10 shooter in Cuse history. He is the least of our problems.

If we could get an Andrew White every year, sign me up.

People get frustrated with him because the team's overall struggles and record.

Unlike most of our preseason roster projections, he is doing exactly what everyone hoped he would do.

If other people were playing up to the level we expected, there would be much, much less White criticism.

People act like White was supposed to be a good driver when he arrived. Wrong. He was advertised as a shooter and that is what he is doing.

People act like White was supposed to be a good driver when he arrived. Wrong. He was advertised as a shooter and that is what he is doing.
We knew he could shoot. What we didn't know is what the NBA told him when he went to their pre draft camps and how diligent he worked or didn't work on those things to put himself in position for an NBA career.

He's a good player at home. He doesn't bring the same effort on the road for whatever reason.

We knew he could shoot. What we didn't know is what the NBA told him when he went to their pre draft camps and how diligent he worked or didn't work on those things to put himself in position for an NBA career.

Or he's doing what he's been doing since he started playing college basketball.

Some people seem down on him due to his less than stellar D, but he has been every bit of what we brought him in for. No? Dude is easily a top 10 shooter in Cuse history. He is the least of our problems.

I agree 100% He is the least of our problems.

White is so smooth. Give me him shooting over anyone on this team. Incuding lydon.

I would be forcefeeding the ball to Lydon, but I get your point. That shot is pretty silky.

Funny thing is that I actually think he's worked hard on defense. What he isn't able to do is play up top in the zone, but I feel like he has gotten better and better in the zone at the 3 and has actually turned himself into an OK defender on this team. As you said, least of our problems.

His rotations can be bad, but it's not from lack of effort. Without AW3, we probably score in the low 60s most of the year.

Funny thing is that I actually think he's worked hard on defense. What he isn't able to do is play up top in the zone, but I feel like he has gotten better and better in the zone at the 3 and has actually turned himself into an OK defender on this team. As you said, least of our problems.
Agree 100%. He's not a complete player, but this team needs someone who isn't afraid to shoot when open. He does tend to do more in the first half, but has hit a handful of clutch 3s at the end (UConn, last night). We can argue if he has a NBA career (I say unlikely due to lack of handle), but this team would definitely be below .500 without him this year

Agree 100%. He's not a complete player, but this team needs someone who isn't afraid to shoot when open. He does tend to do more in the first half, but has hit a handful of clutch 3s at the end (UConn, last night). We can argue if he has a NBA career (I say unlikely due to lack of handle), but this team would definitely be below .500 without him this year
Agreed. If he had another year, he would be a lock for all ACC.

I think part of it is expectations. I think some people were hoping for a Wes-like impact and he's just not that good. That and the team's lackluster performance has amplified his weaknesses. I don't buy into the "he doesn't try" mantra. He actually reminds me a little bit of Preston Shumpert.

Dude is easily a top 10 shooter in Cuse history.

Top 3PA FG% in Syracuse since 1992-93 (minimum 75 attempts)
1. Tyler Lydon (16-17) 44.3%
2. Shump (99-00) 42.9%
3. John Wallace (95-96) 42.0%
4. Deshaun (99-00) 41.8%
5. D. Nich (06-07) 41.7%
6. Marius (95-96) 41.6%
7. Sir Wesley of Johnson (09-10) 41.5%
8. Rautins for three (09-10) 40.7%
9. AWIII (16-17) 40.6%
10. Tyler Lydon (15-16) 40.5%

2. Shump (99-00) 42.9%
4. Deshaun (99-00) 41.8%
5. D. Nich (06-07) 41.7%
6. Marius (95-96) 41.6%
9. AWIII (16-17) 40.6%

Am I crazy or should Greg Monroe and Matt Roe be on that list?

Am I crazy or should Greg Monroe and Matt Roe be on that list?

Look at the years.

On White: I love watching the guy shoot. It is just a pure shot. Lydon is fantastic as well. It really is nice to have such good shooters. It's so funny how different this team is from any other Syracuse team of this decade. If you put MCW on this team instead of Gillon, we'd probably be undefeated. He sparked the defense and was effective at running the offense even though he wasn't much of a shooting threat.

Look at the years.

On White: I love watching the guy shoot. It is just a pure shot. Lydon is fantastic as well. It really is nice to have such good shooters. It's so funny how different this team is from any other Syracuse team of this decade. If you put MCW on this team instead of Gillon, we'd probably be undefeated. He sparked the defense and was effective at running the offense even though he wasn't much of a shooting threat.

Agreed, with Ennis we would also have a much better record. Ennis would be great at finding the open shooters and establishing tempo.

Thi
2. Shump (99-00) 42.9%
4. Deshaun (99-00) 41.8%
5. D. Nich (06-07) 41.7%
6. Marius (95-96) 41.6%
9. AWIII (16-17) 40.6%
This is kind of flawed. Most those guys weren't the primary option or guarded as heavily. Cool stats and a trip down memory lane but give me him over pretty much everyone else on that list.

Janulis and rautins. Then him

Thi

This is kind of flawed. Most those guys weren't the primary option or guarded as heavily. Cool stats and a trip down memory lane but give me him over pretty much everyone else on that list.

Whatever, man. It's just a bunch of numbers ...

Ennis would be great at finding the open shooters and establishing tempo.
uh, yeah, I'll pass.
tumblr_mvpj0cV70N1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Agreed, with Ennis we would also have a much better record. Ennis would be great at finding the open shooters and establishing tempo.

Ennis would have gotten this team quality shots on about 90% of our possessions. PG is our biggest issue.

Thi

Lydon and White could easily drop by the end of the year. We will be chucking up a bunch of 3s trying to erase 20 point deficits. Interesting no G Mac. It goes down to shooting only when open vs. creating shots. If G Mac were wide open, he felt almost automatic.

Lydon and White could easily drop by the end of the year. We will be chucking up a bunch of 3s trying to erase 20 point deficits. Interesting no G Mac. It goes down to shooting only when open vs. creating shots. If G Mac were wide open, he felt almost automatic.
Stats are what they are. But I'm talking in terms of pure shooters... white is top 10. Probably top 5.

Rautins
Gmac
Janulis
White?