Andrew White | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Andrew White

Every shot I saw AW3 take I thought would go; felt similar about Lydon but other than that in the 20+ years I can’t think of anyone else I felt like that about

Rautins

Yeah...I kind of think that the pre-Providence 2004 team would beat the White/Gillon team 8 out of 10 times. McNamara and Edelin would've had a huge advantage over Gillon and whoever the starting off-guard was (Howard? Battle? I honestly don't remember), Warrick would've abused everyone, and Forth/McNeil, despite the crap they got, were still better than any center in the last five seasons.

I'm trying to wrap my head around Pearl, Addison, Seikaly, Alexis, etc... going ahead that group. There would be new meaning of matador.
Yeah. Comparing numbers from eras when all the best teams had experienced future pros to this era isn't going to be accurate.

Yeah...I kind of think that the pre-Providence 2004 team would beat the White/Gillon team 8 out of 10 times. McNamara and Edelin would've had a huge advantage over Gillon and whoever the starting off-guard was (Howard? Battle? I honestly don't remember), Warrick would've abused everyone, and Forth/McNeil, despite the crap they got, were still better than any center in the last five seasons.

I'm trying to wrap my head around Pearl, Addison, Seikaly, Alexis, etc... going ahead that group. There would be new meaning of matador.
Yeah. Comparing numbers from eras when all the best teams had experienced future pros to this era isn't going to be accurate.

Yup. Think about freshman Billy Owens. He was statistically the 4th best player on the team. Freshman Billy Owens now would be one of the best players in the country. Basically, what RJ Barrett and Zion were last year.

Wow, I didn't notice that team in the mix. Shows the limitation of econometrics...does anyone really believe Boeheim's 1985 team wouldn't beat any of these last half-dozen teams 9 out of 10 times?
Yea, absurd. 03-04, 84-85 and 00-01 were better. But 16-17 wasn’t as bad as their record and them failing to make the tourney. The non conference was a mess and those losses plus BC loss killed that team.

Wow, I didn't notice that team in the mix. Shows the limitation of econometrics...does anyone really believe Boeheim's 1985 team wouldn't beat any of these last half-dozen teams 9 out of 10 times?
Yea, absurd. 03-04, 84-85 and 00-01 were better. But 16-17 wasn’t as bad as their record and them failing to make the tourney. The non conference was a mess and those losses plus BC loss killed that team.

16-17 at its best was better than our last two teams IMO.

We had three miracle wins and still couldn’t make the tournament.

North Carolina State ,Clemson and duke

Yup. Think about freshman Billy Owens. He was statistically the 4th best player on the team. Freshman Billy Owens now would be one of the best players in the country. Basically, what RJ Barrett and Zion were last year.
I love the Boeheim story about Owens. Where Boeheim did an in home and Billy and his dad were there but his mom was busy and Boeheim thought that was a huge reflag. He leaves really disappointed and as he is getting in his car when Billy Owen's mom runs out and says sorry I was busy coach but I want you to know you have nothing to worry about. We all think Billy is best off at Syracuse with his brother.

Every shot I saw AW3 take I thought would go; felt similar about Lydon but other than that in the 20+ years I can’t think of anyone else I felt like that about
shumpert? southerland? gmac?