Andy is on fire right now | Syracusefan.com

Andy is on fire right now

Good for him--would be great to see him carve out a career as a journeyman in the NBA.

I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw this. This team is perfect for him to showcase his talents, and parley it into a career

I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw this. This team is perfect for him to showcase his talents, and parley it into a career

:) This might be unpopular, but it might be the "worst" team for him to showcase his "talents." But it might be a great opportunity for a cheap bench player to make a squad that is close to being capped out from a salary perspective!

:) This might be unpopular, but it might be the "worst" team for him to showcase his "talents." But it might be a great opportunity for a cheap bench player to make a squad that is close to being capped out from a salary perspective!

It all depends on if they can afford to resign Harden. I think they trade him before the deadline.

How do you figure? I think with harden possibly being traded it could allow OKC to play Andy to space the floor for Westbrook an Durant when they attack the hoop.

How do you figure? I think with harden possibly being traded it could allow OKC to play Andy to space the floor for Westbrook an Durant when they attack the hoop.

If Harden gets traded, depending on what OKC gets in return, it could potentially pave the way for Andy to play a more significant role.

But trust me--I am the biggest Andy Rautins supporter on the board--believe me when I tell you that I railed against the morons who disparaged him like jambandjunki, amongst a couple of other imbeciles who still post on this forum. That said, I view Rautins as a marginal NBA player. I just don't see him being the type of guy who plays a ton of minutes. What I DO see Andy as is a guy who has versatilty and good size, who can shoot, who is coachable, who won't complain about playing time, and who isn't going to cost much. There's nothing wrong with carving out a lucrative career as a deep bench NBA journeyman.

Trust me, nobody is rooting harder for this kid than I am.

If Harden gets traded, depending on what OKC gets in return, it could potentially pave the way for Andy to play a more significant role.

But trust me--I am the biggest Andy Rautins supporter on the board--believe me when I tell you that I railed against the morons who disparaged him like jambandjunki, amongst a couple of other imbeciles who still post on this forum. That said, I view Rautins as a marginal NBA player. I just don't see him being the type of guy who plays a ton of minutes. What I DO see Andy as is a guy who has versatilty and good size, who can shoot, who is coachable, who won't complain about playing time, and who isn't going to cost much. There's nothing wrong with carving out a lucrative career as a deep bench NBA journeyman.

Trust me, nobody is rooting harder for this kid than I am.
Definitely. See Novak, Steve.

I love how one decent pre-season performance turns into Andy being a rotation guy for the Thunder, spacing the floor for Durant and Westbrook. Take off the orange glasses for one minute... :rolling:

Andy's final line!

24 min 7-10FG 4-7 3FG 2-2FT 2REB 1AST 2STL 20pts

chrispaulnoooo.png

I wish there were highlights of the game that show Andy. He had zero mentions in the game recap.

I love how one decent pre-season performance turns into Andy being a rotation guy for the Thunder, spacing the floor for Durant and Westbrook. Take off the orange glasses for one minute... :rolling:

I'm not saying that one game turns him into a rotation player, but with the possibility of Harden being traded before the deadline Andy has a shot to earn some PT if he sticks with them. The other guards on OKC's roster that he would be competing with are Reggie Jackson, Daequan Cook, DeAndre Liggins, Walker Russle, Thabo Sefolosha, and Eric Maynor(who is more of a PG). None of whom averaged more than six ppg last season. This doesn't mean Andy is a lock to even make the roster, but I like his chances to get some run if he does because the Thunder currently have 19 players on their roster and 9 of them are guards and obviously won’t make the cut.

Of course if the Thunder get another SG back in a trade for Harden than this whole thing goes right out the window.

I'm not saying that one game turns him into a rotation player, but with the possibility of Harden being traded before the deadline Andy has a shot to earn some PT if he sticks with them. The other guards on OKC's roster that he would be competing with are Reggie Jackson, Daequan Cook, DeAndre Liggins, Walker Russle, Thabo Sefolosha, and Eric Maynor(who is more of a PG). None of whom averaged more than six ppg last season. This doesn't mean Andy is a lock to even make the roster, but I like his chances to get some run if he does because the Thunder currently have 19 players on their roster and 9 of them are guards and obviously won’t make the cut.

Of course if the Thunder get another SG back in a trade for Harden than this whole thing goes right out the window.

Man, on ANY other roster I'd give him a 10% chance...on OKC's roster...0.002% chance.

Man, on ANY other roster I'd give him a 10% chance...on OKC's roster...0.002% chance.
Just proves you don't understand the NBA game. The better your teammates are the less you have to do in the NBA. On this team he needs to make 3's that's it that's all. Every other aspect of the game is covered be someone else.

Just proves you don't understand the NBA game. The better your teammates are the less you have to do in the NBA. On this team he needs to make 3's that's it that's all. Every other aspect of the game is covered be someone else.
He'd still have to defend... (i have no opinion on the subject.)

And who exactly would he see minutes in front of on that squad? Cook is probably a better shooter and wouldn't embarrass himself on the defensive end either.

And who exactly would he see minutes in front of on that squad? Cook is probably a better shooter and wouldn't embarrass himself on the defensive end either.

Cook is not a better shooter and he did not have a good year last. As for defense Westbrook or whomever Andy is paired with will guard the best scorer on the opposing team Andy will guard other spot up shooters. I don't understand why people here think that to be in the NBA you have to do everything well. There are only 10 guys in the league that do everything well if that. Andy is not a defensive stopper so what they have defenders on the team already but they can't shoot like Andy.

Here is a good article regarding OKC and the battle for the 15th roster spot including quotes from Andy.

link

Andy 2-6fg%; 1-3 3fg%; 3rebs; 2ast; 2stl; 5pts in 14mins. We should find out if he made the team in the next day or 2 since this was OKC's last preseason game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom