Andy Katz's preseason Power 36 college basketball rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz's preseason Power 36 college basketball rankings

I will take the blame for this - I started dating a UNC grad in January of 2014 right after we beat them in the dome - when I say grad, I mean it's a way of life with those folks. Like 3rd generation UNC fanatic. We have been 0-6 against them ever since.
Now some people will claim that it's impossible for someone merely watching a game to be able to control it's outcome. To those people I say - there are things you just don't understand.
That will change this year - I promise.

While we are at it - I apologize for 1987 final - I was sitting in the wrong chair at the end of the game. It's a tough burden to carry through life so please have some sympathy.

I carried the same nerf football in my hands throughout the Kansas title game. I initially picked it up and was fiddling around with it probably out of nervousness right before the game started. but after our great start I made sure to hang onto it. I remember spiking it in celebration immediately after the buzzer went off.

Regular season wise I want:
Undefeated non conference
Win over Duke
Win over UNC(seriously overdue)
12-6 league record at the worst
that game vs duke at the dome should be between two top 10 teams and with first place in the conference on the line . . . attendance should threaten 36k

They did win a national title (2015) with one and done types.

Yup. Okafor/Winslow/Tyus Jones. That game featured Grayson Allen coming off the bench as another FR who wasn’t used much all year but he buried some big shots!

that game vs duke at the dome should be between two top 10 teams and with first place in the conference on the line . . . attendance should threaten 36k

Hope so. Duke wasn’t quite top 10 in 2014(think they were 17?), but that game had such a big time feel. Would love a repeat of that scene, or even better.

i'll be rooting for duke to come into that game undefeated and ranked #1
and of course us undefeated and #2
With Isaiah Stewart down to two schools, Syracuse and Duke. To complete your trifecta.

With Isaiah Stewart down to two schools, Syracuse and Duke. To complete your trifecta.
like the thunderdome: two schools enter, one school leaves
i guess that makes isaiah blaster?

like the thunderdome: two schools enter, one school leaves
i guess that makes isaiah blaster?
Think ot makes him more master. After max killed blaster he got to keep master.

For whatever reason, I am beyond confident we beat Duke this year at home. Have no idea what the line will be or if we cover, but I think we win. Those young guys will struggle with our length and zone for sure.

Yup. If we had even one kid that could play off the bench last year, I think we beat them in the tourney.

The last 8 minutes of the first half with Marek out/Moyer in are what beat us. We outplayed them in the other 32.

True. Probably little too high for them. I thought of that...Pinson and Berry were great players. Pinson was getting near triple-doubles every game towards the end of these season and Tourney. Can’t believe there were a few posters who ripped/mocked Pinson’s game. Total glue guy who could ball. Anyways, yeah those are big losses but I like what they have coming in and Roy can coach offense for sure.
I'm between you and Edowd on this. Top 5 is VERY high for UNC, even with Little, who's good but nowhere near the zone-shredder Pinson was. Berry is another one that is thankfully gone after 10 seasons. Maye is sneaky good but they won't own the glass without Hicks-Meeks-Henson-Bradley, etc. A W in CH is a tall order. I'd have said it was possible, but we'll be on the road only 3 days after beating Duh-K in the Dome.

Last edited:
this gives you an opportunity to come clean about your life-size Coach K blow-up doll.
Never. Although, and this is true, I cost the orange the '87 title. Every day before our tournament game, I went to J.C. penny and dunked a small basketball that had Syracuse name on it. On Monday night, I was tired from a day of work. And didn't go there. And the rest is history

Never. Although, and this is true, I cost the orange the '87 title. Every day before our tournament game, I went to J.C. penny and dunked a small basketball that had Syracuse name on it. On Monday night, I was tired from a day of work. And didn't go there. And the rest is history
Which also,led to,the company filing chaoter 11 and all of brick and mortar's future. You're a monster.

Maybe. But, Maye is back along with Kenny Williams who is a very good defender also. Williams was put on Battle in the ACCT exclusively and made life very difficult for him. Coby White and Nassir Little are the REAL deal coming in. Little was the most impressive player to me in the McD game. I trust Roy to coach good offense and he always does.

Cam Johnson too. UNC will probably be pretty good.

I will take the blame for this - I started dating a UNC grad in January of 2014 right after we beat them in the dome - when I say grad, I mean it's a way of life with those folks. Like 3rd generation UNC fanatic. We have been 0-6 against them ever since.
Now some people will claim that it's impossible for someone merely watching a game to be able to control it's outcome. To those people I say - there are things you just don't understand.

While we are at it - I apologize for 1987 final - I was sitting in the wrong chair at the end of the game. It's a tough burden to carry through life so please have some sympathy.
Get risk of her and find a LeMoyne grad!

Don’t be so hard on yourself. I lost my totally grungy Cuse hat for several games during Lydons last year- we know how that went. And sometimes I get the wrong mix for the proper player shirt to wear or sit in the wrong position- always a loss!

I think we'll be more towards the bottom half of the top 25 rather than threatening the top 10.

Can we please just have a normal Syracuse basketball season where we lose maybe one game before the New Year, lose 5-6 games in conference, and have a stress-free Selection Sunday?
I’d be happy with that, but I’d be happier with an exceptional season.

I think we'll be more towards the bottom half of the top 25 rather than threatening the top 10.

November - January: threatening and cracking the top 10. February swoon: more towards bottom half of top 25. March madness: back towards the top 10 and eventually more...