Andy Katz's Really Early 2012-13 Top 25 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Andy Katz's Really Early 2012-13 Top 25

If Teague and Lamb leave along with Davis, Jones, and Gilchirst also losing Miller that team isn't even Top 25 unless they get Shabbazz and Noel. They would be losing their top 6 players

Is losing 6 players that much more than 5? After the 2010 season, UK lost Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, and Orton - all first round draft picks. The 2011 UK team lost in the Final Four and finished #3/11 (Coaches/AP). I wouldn't rule them out. Though, I wonder what their pre-season ranking was after the losses.

last 2 years i was spot on with my overrated teams (mich st and uconn).

my list from this ranking of potential overrated teams:

Louisville for sure
Kansas (he literally ranks them because of bill self. no other reason)
michigan state at 7? holy cow. do they have a monster class that i dont know about? again - only based on tom izzo.
North Carolina
Duke

I am leaving UK off of this list for now. But if they strikeout with oriaki, noel, and shabazz they are not a top 25 team. But i highly doubt they strikeout.

Syracuse is a top 10 team next year with or without Noel. Book it.
Michigan St was a 1 seed, lost in the sweet 16 to LVille, won the B1G tourney and a share of the B1G regular season how were they overrated? because they lost their first 2 games? to a 1 and 2 seed?

Is losing 6 players that much more than 5? After the 2010 season, UK lost Wall, Cousins, Patterson, Bledsoe, and Orton - all first round draft picks. The 2011 UK team lost in the Final Four and finished #3/11 (Coaches/AP). I wouldn't rule them out. Though, I wonder what their pre-season ranking was after the losses.
well they have good recruits coming but they don't have any of the caliber Lamb, Jones, Knight yet

Michigan St was a 1 seed, lost in the sweet 16 to LVille, won the B1G tourney and a share of the B1G regular season how were they overrated? because they lost their first 2 games? to a 1 and 2 seed?

I said I was spot on my last 2 years
Mich st from 2011
Conn from 2012

Much different. besides Patterson all those guys were Freshman and Orton didn't play much. This year they could be losing 2 soph.(Lamb plus Jones), 1 Senior(Miller), and 3 freshman (Davis, Teague, Gilchirst) top 10 recruits. All those guys played significant minutes. At the end of the year nobody else played more than 5 minutes a game(Even Wiljter. If they don't get Noel or Shabazz they can't replace that with just Wiltjer and some decent freshman recruits.

They're going to drop off regardless. There is no one they have coming in who is the caliber of Davis.

From what little I've seen of this Andy Katz, I'm not impressed. What exactly are his credentials anyhow? Is he a generally respected authority?