Announcement Coming | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Announcement Coming

I assume that SU wouldn't have a problem hosting FanFest at the Dome.

FanFest at the Dome sucked last year when the rain forced the move indoors at the last minute.

Maybe with proper planning, they could do a better job. Not starting FF at 3 PM would be a start.

FanFest at the Dome sucked last year when the rain forced the move indoors at the last minute.

Maybe with proper planning, they could do a better job. Not starting FF at 3 PM would be a start.

I didn't attend last year (wedding), so I can't speak on it. But if they decided today or soon that FanFest 2013 will be held in the Dome, they can make the arrangements somewhat like the Spring Game.

Am I alone in thinking that the announcement today wasn't planned and was called at the last minute to take the attention off the basketball team and JB's recent blowup? Seems to me that TGD would have called for a presser rather than a quick chat with Park and freakin' HCSS in the hallway at Manley.

Maybe I'm reaching.

Am I alone in thinking that the announcement today wasn't planned and was called at the last minute to take the attention off the basketball team and JB's recent blowup? Seems to me that TGD would have called for a presser rather than a quick chat with Park and freakin' HCSS in the hallway at Manley.

Maybe I'm reaching.

Whether it was to take pressure of JB or not I don't know but I agree, I don't think today was the planned day.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Maybe I'm reaching.

My guess is that it was planned for before this (recall the posts we had here), but for whatever reason they could not get the announcement out as soon as they had leaked to the major donors. So they finally just wanted to put something together because people were probably asking questions.

You may be right, but I don't think something like this takes the distraction away from JB and hoops. Schedule announcement probably has a better chance, but right now it's JB season all the way.

My guess is that it was planned for before this (recall the posts we had here), but for whatever reason they could not get the announcement out as soon as they had leaked to the major donors. So they finally just wanted to put something together because people were probably asking questions.

You may be right, but I don't think something like this takes the distraction away from JB and hoops. Schedule announcement probably has a better chance, but right now it's JB season all the way.

Gross likes to make a big splash and this was more like a spray. Just strange.

Perhaps there'll be a formal press conference when they kick off fundraising next week (per TGD).
One would expect to see some more details, plans, renderings, etc. before people would be asked to donate.

Wait, so is the full size track going in the IPF or Manley? I couldn't tell in video.

This is what i had posted before although i was not sure of the site. I had been told 18-20m

Wait, so is the full size track going in the IPF or Manley? I couldn't tell in video.
There will be a new track built, elsewhere on south campus.

In addition to the indoor practice center, Gross also announced the construction of a new track facility to be built on South Campus, merging with the current facility used for field events for head coach Chris Fox's cross country and track and field teams. While these programs are enjoying unprecedented success, the new track will enhance their status as an elite national program. "We are grateful to have a new facility for our cross country and track and field programs which will allow for greater flexibility to train the more than 80 student-athletes in our program. It will undoubtedly help us achieve our goal of competing for championships," said head coach Chris Fox.

Skytop?

17m seems a lot for a field house type IPF. Is that comparable to what other schools have spent?

We already have one. But you have to know the secret handshake before we'll let you sit on it. :D
The tutorial can be accessed on the pay side.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Nice to hear that the track and field team will also be getting a new facility on South Campus.

87,000 feet is a big IPF. $17 million is a lot of money for one. IMHO, it will likely be the best facility of its kind in the ACC or Big East when it opens (maybe tied with FSU).

Here are some others for comparison:

Michigan Indoor Practice Facility
Opened 2009. Cost $26.1 million. 90,631 square feet. This one has a brick exterior to match the rest of the campus buildings. One way to dispose of some of that B1G Network cash.

Bergstrom Football Complex (Iowa State)
Opened 2004. Cost $10 million. 92,000 square feet

Clemson has a 80,000 square foot facility in the process of being developed. It will cost $10 million. FSU is spending $17 million to build one. Duke started the ACC IDF trend with their $10 million facility which opened last fall. G Tech is spending $7 million on their own IPF. BC doesn't have an IPF but can put a bubble over their Alumni Stadium field to create a poor man's Carrier Dome for practice in bad weather.

ACC IPF Info

Big East IPF Info

Georgia Tech's facility has been in use for over a year.
UVa's was under construction when it went up in smoke.

Nice to hear that the track and field team will also be getting a new facility on South Campus.

87,000 feet is a big IPF. $17 million is a lot of money for one. IMHO, it will likely be the best facility of its kind in the ACC or Big East when it opens (maybe tied with FSU).

Here are some others for comparison:

Opened 2009. Cost $26.1 million. 90,631 square feet. This one has a brick exterior to match the rest of the campus buildings. One way to dispose of some of that B1G Network cash.

Bergstrom Football Complex (Iowa State)
Opened 2004. Cost $10 million. 92,000 square feet

Clemson has a 80,000 square foot facility in the process of being developed. It will cost $10 million. FSU is spending $17 million to build one. Duke started the ACC IDF trend with their $10 million facility which opened last fall. G Tech is spending $7 million on their own IPF. BC doesn't have an IPF but can put a bubble over their Alumni Stadium field to create a poor man's Carrier Dome for practice in bad weather.

ACC IPF Info

Big East IPF Info

Great info Tom, glad we are doing a top of the line IPF and not doing it half assed

At the very top of Skytop, south of the office buildings and west of the overflow parking.

ca_craftaward2a.jpg

113_973_2010.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom