Another arena annexed by the Orange Empire... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another arena annexed by the Orange Empire...

It seats 14,665. And you're right, I noticed the same thing. The upper deck behind each basket looked pretty empty.

There were some open seats on each end but pretty much everyone on the second level were Orange fans.

My son (who is 9) asked me after the game started this is a road game right? For it being his first game he really got an awesome experience being surrounded by Orange.

He told me before the game started we were going to "school" WF and I said don't jinx us! Turns out he was right.

I do not know how the game felt on tv but sitting in the stands there never was the feeling Wake would win. Just felt like their team did not have enough.

BfMUoAuIYAEk-ng.jpg:large

I was 2nd level behind the SU bench. The crowd seemed about 70-30 WF to Orange. The crowd was extremely polite. Their student section was entertaining, I liked the giant brick. Apparently, Wake is known for baseball as that was who they kept honoring during 1st half timeouts.

It never felt like the game was in doubt but man was it excruciating to watch. Reffing was equally bad on both sides and far too prominent of a focus. No flow or rhythm was able to develop. It seemed like the 2nd half was going to be fun, for the first four minutes. That was short lived. A win is a win is a win, especially on the road. We take it an move on, but I am beginning to understand the media having the feeling that we are waiting to lose more than we are rising above. Since Maui it seems like we play to the level of our competition.

Our fanbase is truly unbelievable when it comes to basketball. I agree with an above poster, I have never seen a fanbase that takes over more arenas. The only ACC arenas safe are probably Pitt, Duke and Carolina? Every other gym is going to have 25-50% Orange. I can only imagine what it will be like when Cuse comes down to Ga Tech.

99% sure I sat by you. If so, you guys were definitely repping S.U. well. We joined in all your chants. S.U. had that section on lockdown (which is great because it was the Wake Forest tunnel).

We even had a Wake Forest fan come up to us pre-game to ask, "where did all you guys come from?!?!" He couldn't believe all the 'Cuse fans there. He thought we all traveled from Syracuse, but we explained, "no, we're EVERYWHERE."

Red, Hot & Blue was amazing pre-game too. ENTIRE place was 'Cuse fans. We were there for offical Alumni event, which had great attendance (there was a waiting list). We had LGO chants going hours before tip. Really special night. Cuse/Wake football is 10/18. Get ready.

I was the tall guy in the orange hoodie/orange hat. Had a guy a d girl with me. We were high fiving everyone and starting chants. We had a lot of fun.

Cuse fans travel well no doubt... But Kentucky fans travel pretty darn good too. They take over almost all SEC arenas save for Florida

Cuse fans travel well no doubt... But Kentucky fans travel pretty darn good too. They take over almost all SEC arenas save for Florida
If we only had one other good team in our conference, we would probably do that as well.

Tremendous # of Northern transplants in NC and SC. Cannot wait for the game at UVA then the ACC Tourny at Greensboro.

I was the tall guy in the orange hoodie/orange hat. Had a guy a d girl with me. We were high fiving everyone and starting chants. We had a lot of fun.
Thank you for the Red, Hot, and Blue tip...we had a blast with all our SU fans.

ahh, I tried to get my wife to look out for you, but every time they showed cuse fans, she was looking at her phone.

Haha, unbeknownst to me until after the game, Ryan was sitting kittie corner to us. Definitely will have to meet at a game sometime when you're back in ny!

Thank you for the Red, Hot, and Blue tip...we had a blast with all our SU fans.

No problem. That place was rocking. They ran out of 3 taps and 4 brands of beer. Had so start drinking natty around 7pm.

Haha, unbeknownst to me until after the game, Ryan was sitting kittie corner to us. Definitely will have to meet at a game sometime when you're back in ny!

That sneaky SOB. We tracked him down after the BC game, had a drink. I'll let ya know next time I'm in the area.

No problem. That place was rocking. They ran out of 3 taps and 4 brands of beer. Had so start drinking natty around 7pm.

Tried to get in to Red, Hot and Blue but it was packed. My son and I ended up across the street at Elizabeth's Italian Restaurante. When we walked in was fairly empty. Just one table was in use and it was by SU fans. By the time we finished eating the place was packed and I would say 90% of them were Cuse fans.

There's something about Syracuse hoops...as a fan, it feels like a responsibility to show up when the team is in your area. I try to get up to the Dome once or twice a year, but if the Cuse is playing in or around NYC, I HAVE to be there. Clearly that feeling extends across the map. Gotta represent. It's good to be Orange!

Tremendous # of Northern transplants in NC and SC. Cannot wait for the game at UVA then the ACC Tourny at Greensboro.
I was at the UVA game in the Donte Greene year, and it was all Cuse fans in the upper level. I would expect a similar turnout this year. Great place though to catch a game.

Could be that is because they are the only 2 schools that actually play BB in the SEC. Easy to get tickets when the arenas are otherwise empty and your team is going to win by default.