Another awful official call | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another awful official call

Does bob knight know the difference between game clock and shot clock? Apparently not. That was embarassing. Then he finally says "it must have been a shot clock issue" no stuff lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

lol.. him asking what the 17.6 was...

Didn't we have a weird ending to a 1st half last year (maybe UNC-Asheville) where it was potentially both a shot clock and an end of half situation? Not sure how that was resolved.

Didn't we have a weird ending to a 1st half last year (maybe UNC-Asheville) where it was potentially both a shot clock and an end of half situation? Not sure how that was resolved.

Yea with triche, can't remember exactly what happened but I know how it was resolved, we got f'ed

I know for a fact they review to see if a ball hit the rim or not when there may have been a shot clock violation, and not just at end of game or half.

I still don't understand why they won't allow coaches to force a review by burning a timeout. Both in college football and basketball. It won't delay games as the timeout will be used anyhow.

Holy cow! Am I the only one that noticed that in addition to the blown call, that the game clock randomly restarted during the argument and 2 seconds rolled off??

It was 17.6 on the clock when the shot went in and 15.6 when they inbounded it.

Interesting.

From the NCAA rule book: "Art. 9. Sound the shot-clock horn at the expiration of the shot-clock period. This shot-clock horn shall not stop play unless recognized by an official’s whistle. When the shot clock indicates zeros but the shot-clock horn has not sounded, the shot-clock time has not expired."

People were tweeting last night that the horn went off way late when the clock hit zero and thats why the refs didn't call it. Kentucky fans are saying technically it wasnt a violation based on rule above and if Vandy wants to complain they should look at fixing their crappy shot clock first

Lol knight is clueless, he must have been taking a nap during that sequence

As I was listening to Knight I was wondering if he had all of a sudden gone senile?? I mean was he on mind altering drugs during that sequence?

I still don't understand why they won't allow coaches to force a review by burning a timeout. Both in college football and basketball. It won't delay games as the timeout will be used anyhow.

Given the desire to squeeze as many commercials into a telecast as possible, it would seem like a no-brainer for them to review as many plays as possible. Shocking that the TV networks ehh, I mean NCAA, doesn't institute this rule change immediately.

We definitely got screwed in that UNC-Asheville game. They reviewed the play and then called a shot clock violation after it was ruled a foul by the ref. The shot clock wasn't reviewable and Triche got fouled before it expired so it shouldn't have mattered. It cost us 3 points.

We definitely got screwed in that UNC-Asheville game. They reviewed the play and then called a shot clock violation after it was ruled a foul by the ref. The shot clock wasn't reviewable and Triche got fouled before it expired so it shouldn't have mattered. It cost us 3 points.
exactly, video here

The NCAA and ESPN obviously have the fix in for anything that helps UK. That call was atrocious. Another idiotic rule that replay doesn't apply to shot clock violations. If you have replay use it!