Another benefit (and curse) of being a state school…more transparency | Syracusefan.com

Another benefit (and curse) of being a state school…more transparency

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American

The state senate debated in open session about the coach and whether or not he had potentially lost the team in light of the massive number of school transfers.

A blessing in that I would give anything to have more transparency insofar as these discussions, which we just don’t get being a private program. But i can see scenarios where that transparency could be problematic as well. Still though, this is fascinating.

Imagine our AD being forced to answer questions about what specifically the department was spending money on related to football in public?

I tried pasting more tweets but the system hates me. Fascinating stuff but I’d suggest just scrolling down this guys tweets if you want to read more.

Last edited:
Yeah, more transparency is good - except I wouldn’t want to be recruiting coordinator there.

Double edged sword.

The unfortunate difference between public schools and SU is the revenue overall. UH does rely on football to generate revenue for the rest of the school and state funds can be pumped into the program at any time. I’ve always had a significant with how state schools can do this and this entire stunt by the state senate has been about concern for revenue rather than the well-being of the athletes in the program. Graham would have been gone before the season started if anyone in the administration, board, and state cared about the program other than making money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom