Another big opportunity Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Another big opportunity Saturday

IF the favorites can hold up this weekend, you setup one of the more interesting SU-Pitt games in quite some time. Would be 6-0 vs 5-1, both currently in the top 6 in passing offense.

But first things first. Get out of Raleigh with a big win against a reeling team. No worse than 2-1 in a road October. Sets up nicely.

IF the favorites can hold up this weekend, you setup one of the more interesting SU-Pitt games in quite some time. Would be 6-0 vs 5-1, both currently in the top 6 in passing offense.

But first things first. Get out of Raleigh with a big win against a reeling team. No worse than 2-1 in a road October. Sets up nicely.
I believe that 1991 was the last time we were both ranked going into the Pitt game. Kinda crazy. Could happen if both teams win Saturday.

Vs Pitt since 1984 20-19-1. 8-11 on the road.

SU has beaten Pitt twice in seasons where Pitt finished with 8 wins, ‘87 and ’04.

Right now they are on track to win at least 8.

Would be huge.

Back to the NC State game, saw a stat today that NC State has allowed more TFL than anyone BCS team except Houston.

This has really screwed up their offense and ended many drives. I think we are pretty good at this, so it might be something to look for on Saturday night.

Agree. Syracuse has not had a head coach, including P, that hasn’t had a team fall victim to the trap game or the game following a big win the week before. Fran will accelerate his support substantially if he can get this team focused and find a way to win in a tough venue against a team that is reeling with a true freshman qb.

I'm actually more confident in us beating NC State on the road than I am Pitt beating Cal at home.

Pitt is just so flaky. I fully expect them to somehow screw this up.

Back to the NC State game, saw a stat today that NC State has allowed more TFL than anyone BCS team except Houston.

This has really screwed up their offense and ended many drives. I think we are pretty good at this, so it might be something to look for on Saturday night.

It’s a shame that LT threw that pick 6. I feel like they would have zero fight left had that gone differently. LT really helped them out to give back that game.

Saw that to.

Against NI they had 179 yds of total offense. They scraped by because they got 4 turnovers. McCords one flaw might be he tries to thread the needle a littte too much. Be careful of that.

Play a clean game and we win. Don't force anything.
Also continue to play the same D. Keep everything in front. Nothing over the top. Make them drive the ball.

Agree. Syracuse has not had a head coach, including P, that hasn’t had a team fall victim to the trap game or the game following a big win the week before. Fran will accelerate his support substantially if he can get this team focused and find a way to win in a tough venue against a team that is reeling with a true freshman qb.
We’re already 0-1 in trap games

Some context on the run game so far. SU has played the 22nd, 11th, 12th, and 18th run defenses. Didn’t include HC.

In three of four games SU exceeded average yds allowed and had the second highest total against. Only game under was Stanford, and that was 26 vs average of 88, not good.

Part of that is Ohio - 109, Stanford - 105, and UNLV- 120, give up a lot of passing yds, but that’s not the whole story.

It certainly fits taking what the defense gives you based on pass/run ratio.

NCSt is 78th in run defense, 72nd in Pass defense. If SU can boost the run game from the 130 range to 170 with 300 plus passing, game over.

Didn't we beat NC State two years ago to go 6-0?
You going to tell me how the next 6 games went? We’ve blown numerous, would be difference making, road games over the past near 10 years. Also - that game was at home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom