Another Decommit? | Syracusefan.com

Another Decommit?

Louie and Bouie

Starter
Hate to be that guy but Rodney Williams is tweeting we lost another commit. Don't even want to hazard a guess right now but if there was a gun to my head i would say Cooper (total guess).

Just when you think the class is picking up steam and some good traction to finish. I know, i know, nothing matters until signing day but if true its just a little punch in the gut coming off of Cabinda and the GTech debacle.

Beat Wake. Win 6!

Edit: It was Beau who was the one the rumor was swirling around.

Last edited:
It isn't confirmed as of yet, but Wisconsin may have offered Beau. If that is the case, we are dead. His home state school where his dad played. If true, the ghost of Dandy Don Meredith will start singing "Turn Out the Lights, The Party's Over".

I was worried this would happen if the losses started to mount. Got to win some games from here on out.

It isn't confirmed as of yet, but Wisconsin may have offered Beau. If that is the case, we are dead. His home state school where his dad played. If true, the ghost of Dandy Don Meredith will start singing "Turn Out the Lights, The Party's Over".

Yeah it's kind of hard to win over a home state school where your Dad played.

I was worried this would happen if the losses started to mount. Got to win some games from here on out.
I don't think it's the losses, in this case with Beau, if true, it's hard to compete with legacy and the fact that Wisconsin is a far superior program to SU. That being said, a loss where we aren't even competitive, and don't utilize the TE position must have been a concern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Looks like Beau for sure... This had nothing to do with wins/losses... Legacy recruit.

Yeah, these things are completely understandable. I'm sure there were some local recruits along the way that went to lesser programs than SU who'd have flipped to SU in a heartbeat had they offered.

That's too bad--had high hopes for this kid as an athletic, developmental LT.

i equate this to Lydon for bball, once SU offers hes going there even if he previously committed elsewhere. WE need to keep the WR's, add Ishmael, and our QB's.

i equate this to Lydon for bball, once SU offers hes going there even if he previously committed elsewhere. WE need to keep the WR's, add Ishmael, and our QB's.
That kid looks like a game changer at one of two positions. Big and athletic. You can have all the wide recievers you want, but if you don't have the big boys, the quarterback won't have time to get them the ball. We need more big boys, and I am sure the staff is aware of this. This is a loss. It is understandable, given the circumstances, but it is a big loss. He was a good get.

The two schools that really could have altered things for Cabinda and Beau offered - it happens. We still have a strong class and I expect us to have a strong class on signing day too.

Thankfully it happened now and not on Jan 31st.

I don't know how we could get any TE to come here. The offense isn't using the TE at all this year. I hope this changes because I really like Chris Clark in 2015.

We've used the TE a lot in the past. We just need a QB who can find him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom