Another doozy from good ol' Ped St | Syracusefan.com

Another doozy from good ol' Ped St

billsin01

All American
Just when you think they can't look any worse. This story is not ground-breaking and I doubt these measures would truly have helped, but it included this quote from a trustee:

Joel Myers, a longtime trustee, said the Freeh investigators told him that if the good-governance proposal had been adopted by the board back in 2004, "This (crisis) could have been avoided."

Umm, Joel? Pretty sure the actual crisis here was the abuse of the kids, which began as early as the 70s/80s. But you're right, the crisis to your football program is important too though.

Click

I will be in State College Thursday and Friday, and can't wait to hear reaction and spin from the locals. Colleagues, on the other hand, have been less than enamored with the football program for years now.

If you read between the lines, the most damning part is that this proposal was obviously because the trustees knew...

Just when you think they can't look any worse. This story is not ground-breaking and I doubt these measures would truly have helped, but it included this quote from a trustee:

Joel Myers, a longtime trustee, said the Freeh investigators told him that if the good-governance proposal had been adopted by the board back in 2004, "This (crisis) could have been avoided."

Umm, Joel? Pretty sure the actual crisis here was the abuse of the kids, which began as early as the 70s/80s. But you're right, the crisis to your football program is important too though.

Click

When everything is said and done, the Freeh Report is just going to be the first chapter in this whole story.

Click

I'm pretty sure that Joel Myers is the founder of "Accu-Weather."

Years ago he did the weather updates on various radio stations, including 1260 WNDR.

Anybody remember him?

Years ago he did the weather updates on various radio stations, including 1260 WNDR.

Anybody remember him?
Yes, the name sounds familiar to me in connection with Accu-Weather.

If you read between the lines, the most damning part is that this proposal was obviously because the trustees knew...

Exactly. That's what I took from it too. Complete Cover Your A@@ mode.

Your latest batshit crazy moment from State College...

Students are camping out to protect the Paterno statue.

AyDjz-YCQAEJEW3.jpg

Anybody remember him?

What's the latest State College forecast from Joel?

I bet he's predicting a nonstop Sh@tstorm for the forseeable future...