Another dumb summer thread...happiest moment of your life... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another dumb summer thread...happiest moment of your life...

My first PBR. It was love at first sight.

No bigger sports junkie than me on this board but family trumps 4/7/03, Giants Pats 1 and 2, Michael Owens for 2, every yankee championship and about a million other sports related things. If it doesnt then hand in your life card immediately.

Gotta do this a little differently. The birth of my son Matt was a miracle and according to doctors should never have happened. That day / moment was incredible.

Then we went through 7 agonizing years of heroin addiction with him in his late high school an college years, up until last year.

He hit "bottom" as they say and Jan and I, even though we'd been through hell and back remained faithful and prayerful.

We moved to Richmond on what we now know is part of gods plan as the church we were attending were praying for a worship leader to come along. My son has always been religious and went to Berklee College of Music, tried out for American Idol, has performed at Fenway and many other places.

They asked him to play his guitar and sing for them and they just were stunned. They knew he was right for them. A year later he is employed as their worship leader and we now have the pure JOY of watching him lead our congregation in prayer and worship every Sunday.

I am sharing this partly because I am sure there are some on this board who need this kind of hope when life throws them a tragedy. We are experiencing our greatest joy now every Sunday morning.
That was beautiful. Best of luck and more success to him and your family.

Gotta do this a little differently. The birth of my son Matt was a miracle and according to doctors should never have happened. That day / moment was incredible.

Then we went through 7 agonizing years of heroin addiction with him in his late high school an college years, up until last year.

He hit "bottom" as they say and Jan and I, even though we'd been through hell and back remained faithful and prayerful.

We moved to Richmond on what we now know is part of gods plan as the church we were attending were praying for a worship leader to come along. My son has always been religious and went to Berklee College of Music, tried out for American Idol, has performed at Fenway and many other places.

They asked him to play his guitar and sing for them and they just were stunned. They knew he was right for them. A year later he is employed as their worship leader and we now have the pure JOY of watching him lead our congregation in prayer and worship every Sunday.

I am sharing this partly because I am sure there are some on this board who need this kind of hope when life throws them a tragedy. We are experiencing our greatest joy now every Sunday morning.

That really is a great story. Continued good luck to your son! My cousin has fought a painkiller addiction for several years. He appears to be winning now but it truly is one day at a time.

My 27 year old (also a musician) - three years clean from heroin et al, and doing awesome. Those were horribly scary - truly scary times as I know you know. Addicts deserve our prayers and support - not our scorn.

My 27 year old (also a musician) - three years clean from heroin et al, and doing awesome. Those were horribly scary - truly scary times as I know you know. Addicts deserve our prayers and support - not our scorn.
Well said, and sorry for the rough times you had. But great to hear that he or she is doing better now!

Again...aside from the wedding and the birth of my 3 sons...

1) getting accepted @ ESF
2) graduating from ESF
3) 4/7/2003
4) getting the National Landscape Award presented to me @ the White House by Nancy Reagan in 1987

Again...aside from the wedding and the birth of my 3 sons...

1) getting accepted @ ESF
2) graduating from ESF
3) 4/7/2003
4) getting the National Landscape Award presented to me @ the White House by Nancy Reagan in 1987
Just gave someone the ole TCentennial, you get the BiCentennial.
PaPow!

Birth of my daughter Avery. No comparison to anything else. Just an amazing feeling, and being her father has been an incredibly rewarding experience.

2nd was my wedding, 3rd would be the National Championship, especially having the honor to share the experience sitting next to Jake in the Superdome. There is no better SU fan that I would want to have shared that experience with. 4th was definitely giving my PhD presentation and defense, followed by the party that my dad threw for me at his house. That was an amazing day too. 5th would be playing with my college band in front of an audience of 8,000 - seeing a sea of people moshing and stage diving during out set was incredible.

Mason

That really is a great story. Continued good luck to your son! My cousin has fought a painkiller addiction for several years. He appears to be winning now but it truly is one day at a time.
One day at a time is right. After 7 years of terrible "one days" we now have some great days and are exceedingly thankful. Appreciate all the best wishes from all of you. We have a little bit of a support group here don't we? :)

When the Bills won the superbowl.

..wait.

Seriously though, no idea what the happiest moment of my 22 year life has been. Since I don't have a wife or any kids, those are ruled out. Probably when we won the championship in '03, but I was only 12 at the time so I'm sure I've had more "happy" moments since then.

I'll give it some thought and be back. Stay tuned.

When the Bills won the superbowl.

..wait.

Seriously though, no idea what the happiest moment of my 22 year life has been. Since I don't have a wife or any kids, those are ruled out. Probably when we won the championship in '03, but I was only 12 at the time so I'm sure I've had more "happy" moments since then.

I'll give it some thought and be back. Stay tuned.

HA! If the Bills even make the playoffs again, that will move up pretty high on my list :)

It would have to be the nights my children were born but there are some other great ones like...(in no order)

1- First time I got drunk as a youngin' (ohh what a feeling)
2- When I lost my virginity (ohh what a feeling!)
3-Attending SU- WVA 1987 (Holy s&%t we went for two and won!!!)
4- 4/7/03..enough said!
5- The night the Red Sox completed the 0-3 deficit comeback to beat the Yanks (was the world series ever in doubt at that point?)
6- my wedding day/night (No, it was not the same as # 2!!)

Birth of my daughter, the end of my daughter's college recruiting process, high school graduation of my daughter, and marriage to the love of my life my wife (got it much better the second time around)!