Another established journalist's opinion on this hot mess - nothing groundbreaking | Syracusefan.com

Another established journalist's opinion on this hot mess - nothing groundbreaking

Victory Lap

Scout Team
As a big Packers fan, I decided to ask the Packer's resident journalist/blogger, Vic Ketchman (who has been covering sports for 5 decades) about this mess. Here is the question and response:

Bennett from Atlanta, GA​
Vic, you've noted how the current state of media technology has provided some real positives for journalists but also has provided new mediums for irresponsible and knee-jerk reporting. I would like your opinion on ESPN's coverage of the Syracuse basketball allegations. I know it's not football-related, but it seems to be a good time to bring up the topic, considering Jason Whitlock has called for Mark Schwartz's firing for unethical journalism. I don't know much about Jason Whitlock, so I'd like to hear from an established vet like yourself.​
When I heard the story last Friday night, I figured ESPN had it nailed down. I’m waiting to see the nails.