Another good day on the defensive glass | Syracusefan.com

Another good day on the defensive glass

Knicks411

Living Legend
USF got 2 or 3 offensive rebounds in the early going, but they ended the day with 6 total offensive rebounds and we got 17 defensive, for about a 74% defensive rebounding %.

I was making the point a few days ago that I thought the defense would continue to be elite because we were better on the defensive glass than we've been in a while. Good to see it continue for at least one more game. Especially when the guy who is by far our best defensive rebounder basically didn't play.

It's nice to have 2 guards who look to attack the glass on both ends, but still can get into transisition; as opposed to last year when Scoop and Dion always wanted to leak out (add KrisJo to that too)

And we got 19 of 39 on the offensive glass. That might have been even more important, especially with all the misses down the stretch.

And we got 19 of 39 on the offensive glass. That might have been even more important, especially with all the misses down the stretch.

Yeah that kept quite a few possessions alive and allowed us to burn clock, if nothing else

Agree. I am really happy we are using our size finally to pound the glass. Recent SU teams seemingly hated grabbing rebounds.

Its very encouraging to see especially with Coleman on the bench.

Agree. I am really happy we are using our size finally to pound the glass. Recent SU teams seemingly hated grabbing rebounds.

But it wasn't the big guys who did it. Keita and Christmas totaled 2 points and 4 rebounds and Coleman was glued to the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom