Another kick in the nads | Syracusefan.com

Another kick in the nads

OrangeAggieArmy

Scout Team
Maybe it's just the sting of this last loss, but when's the last time we won a close, winnable game? The Toledo PAT game? All I can think of is last year's Northwestern, Rutgers and Cincy games and now this winnable loss to PSU. Ugh!

Maybe it's just the sting of this last loss, but when's the last time we won a close, winnable game? The Toledo PAT game? All I can think of is last year's Northwestern, Rutgers and Cincy games and now this winnable loss to PSU. Ugh!
we won 4 games on the final play a couple of years back. Even last year against Mizzou and South Florida. Did you not watch those games?

Did you sleep through 2012?

we won 4 games on the final play a couple of years back. Even last year against Mizzou and South Florida. Did you not watch those games?

Noted on Mizzou and USF. The recent snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory has clouded my memory.

Noted on Mizzou and USF. The recent snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory has clouded my memory.

Today wasn't like the Northwestern opener last year, IMHO. PSU beat us. Hard to argue we deserved to win with the way we played O.

2012 season ring a bell at all?

Today wasn't like the Northwestern opener last year, IMHO. PSU beat us. Hard to argue we deserved to win with the way we played O.
But it's easy to argue that we deserved to win with the way we played D.

Our offense, specifically Allen, lost this game.

I get it, but in this day and age you win games by scoring. We didn't score.

And it wasn't all on Allen. WRs were lousy, as was the OL at getting push for the inside run.

Most of our receivers couldn't get open, so I wouldn't pin this on Allen.

On a positive note, we should be able to establish our running game next week.

Between Reddish's fumble return, Krautman's miss, getting the ball back midfield with 2 minutes to go and down by 6, we definitely deserved to win the game. It's not like PSU's offense was clicking on all cylinders.

Between Reddish's fumble return, Krautman's miss, getting the ball back midfield with 2 minutes to go and down by 6, we definitely deserved to win the game. It's not like PSU's offense was clicking on all cylinders.

How did we "deserve" to win it when we hucked an INT when we got the ball back with 2 minutes to go?!

We definitely had the opportunity to win....I wouldn't exactly say we "deserved" to win. We failed o capitalize on PSU's mistakes.

How did we "deserve" to win it when we hucked an INT when we got the ball back with 2 minutes to go?!

OK, we didn't "deserve" to win the game, but neither did PSU. They were 1 of 16 I think on 3rd down and we held them to 57 yds rushing. OrlandoCuse used better terminology - opportunity > deserve.

Can't say we deserved to win. Not the way the offense played. Yet we COULD have won because of the way the defense played. Tis was anybody's game right until the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom