Another point of view | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another point of view

I'm mad I am even responding to this. So I'll make it short:

1. Riddled with opinion
2. Lacking any facts at all
3. Lacking any context at all
4. Written by the network that created the situation

Seriously, that was an awful article. I wish the BE was awesome. NE Football is not that good. Football drives conference revenue. Conference revenue drives facilities for schools our size. Facilities upgrades bring in better recruits. Basketball rivalries are emotional and fun. I get it. But i"m not willing to risk the future of basketball to hold onto some rivalries that we can reproduce in other ways.

44cuse

She's a columnist, not a reporter. It's supposed to be riddled with opinion - that's what a column is. It's the opinion of the columnist and it stands apart from the editorial leanings of the publication.

She's a columnist, not a reporter. It's supposed to be riddled with opinion - that's what a column is. It's the opinion of the columnist and it stands apart from the editorial leanings of the publication.
Exactly...and her opinion is: Lacking context, poorly formed, and poorly researched.

It was a crappy piece. Like I said, if she were paying homage to the BE that would be fine. Laying this at our feet is crap.

44cuse