Another Rocky Night in the Top 25 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Another Rocky Night in the Top 25

A blind analysis with no teams. Cut and pasted the adjusted margin of the top 12 teams in the country in the last 5 years per Ken Pom.

1579321089134.png

There is certainly a drop in the top 5 teams. 2019 was particularly strong at the top, but 2020 is quite a bit lower than prior years.

Things seem to normalize around the #12 spot, but 2019 and 2017 were still a bit better.

The trend does continue all the way down to #25. The #15, #20, #25 teams are all a bit worse than all of the prior 4 years, but not by much... nothing like the top five.

Somewhat supports my thoughts from above, that those middle seeds 4-7 are about the same level as prior years, but the top teams are probably more vulnerable than normal, and it is not just a matter of different names on the jersey.

Going out on a limb there.

Did you look at the post above mine that I replied to?

EDIT - I see I did not quote the post. But if you look at the post above mine, the person theorized this could be the year 14-16 seeds could win it all. I just countered it with some context.

if there is a yr that a 14-15-16 seed wins the whole thing this is it..

no one will be scared of kansas/SDS/auburn bayor duke butler kansas FSU

teams like WV/Vill/MSU are playing like 7-8 seeds but will be 3-4-5 this yr

makes our current roster woes and slow start very unfortunate, especially with tourney games in Albany and NYC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom