Anthony Lee not considering Syracuse has 5 finalists. | Syracusefan.com

Anthony Lee not considering Syracuse has 5 finalists.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m
Temple transfer Anthony Lee told ESPN he's trimmed his list to five: Ohio State, Indiana, Louisville, Iowa State and Notre Dame.

This was a dumb decision not pursue this kid. If we contacted him and he declined then I am wrong, but I honestly haven't seen Syracuse ever mentioned.

Temple transfer Anthony Lee told ESPN he's trimmed his list to five: Ohio State, Indiana, Louisville, Iowa State and Notre Dame.

This was a dumb decision not pursue this kid. If we contacted him and he declined then I am wrong, but I honestly haven't seen Syracuse ever mentioned.

Transferring is a two way street. We have no idea what this kid's preferences / criteria are, so not sure that it makes sense to label it a "dumb decision."

He probably sees a stacked forward lineup of Roberson, Johnson, Gbinije, McCollough, with no guarantee of Grant leaving as a reason why he wouldn't consider us. We rarely take transfers. Wes and silent G are the rare exceptions.

If Grant comes back Grant isn't needed, but we are gambling hoping Grant returns next year. I hope Grant comes back, but if he is gone then our frontcourt will depend on Roberson being ready and then Coleman/Christmas being able to play together.

If Grant comes back Grant isn't needed, but we are gambling hoping Grant returns next year. I hope Grant comes back, but if he is gone then our frontcourt will depend on Roberson being ready and then Coleman/Christmas being able to play together.

What about McCullough?

Geography? All but Iowa St. are in a fairly tight radius.

What about McCullough?
I think the kid has potential, but after seeing Roberson not getting any PT I am waiting to see McCollough perform until we anoint him. I remember people saying in 2011 Fab Melo was Arinze Onuaku with a jump shot. McCollough may be a 1 and done, but I haven't seen him enough to know.

I think the kid has potential, but after seeing Roberson not getting any PT I am waiting to see McCollough perform until we anoint him. I remember people saying in 2011 Fab Melo was Arinze Onuaku with a jump shot. McCollough may be a 1 and done, but I haven't seen him enough to know.

I don't remember anyone saying that about Fab.

And I'm fine with you waiting before anointing anyone--but I don't think your point above is accurate about our frontcourt depending on Roberson, with Rak / Coleman having to play together. It doesn't matter if McCullough is a one-and-done or not--he should be in the mix for major minutes [especially if Grant departs]. As might BJ. As might Gbinije.

But no doubt: the depth / experience takes a hit if Grant bolts.

To steal a line from Bees, McCullough starts from day one.

Seriously, he's absolutely legit. I haven't been this excited about the potential of a recruit in a decade.

I don't remember anyone saying that about Fab.

And I'm fine with you waiting before anointing anyone--but I don't think your point above is accurate about our frontcourt depending on Roberson, with Rak / Coleman having to play together. It doesn't matter if McCullough is a one-and-done or not--he should be in the mix for major minutes [especially if Grant departs]. As might BJ. As might Gbinije.

But no doubt: the depth / experience takes a hit if Grant bolts.
If Grant leaves then we would Roberson, McCollough, and Christmas couldn't exclusively be a C was my point we may need to play him at forward as well with Coleman

To steal a line from Bees, McCullough starts from day one.

Seriously, he's absolutely legit. I haven't been this excited about the potential of a recruit in a decade.
I believe you saying he is legit, but Roberson was the Gatorade NJ HS POY and he barely sniffed the court. I hope McCollough is the forward version of Ennis next year as a freshman.

jekelish said:
To steal a line from Bees, McCullough starts from day one. Seriously, he's absolutely legit. I haven't been this excited about the potential of a recruit in a decade.
Yeah this is our closest to melo we've come

I never really thought that he would, way too much competition at the forward spots.

KaiserUEO said:
donte?? im more worried about joseph being able to step right in.
look, I liked donte but this kid cmac is a gamechanger IMO. Just different IMO.

As for Joseph, ya never know. Maybe he's better and more uptempo than Ennis.

We have first world problems...

look, I liked donte but this kid cmac is a gamechanger IMO. Just different IMO.

As for Joseph, ya never know. Maybe he's better and more uptempo than Ennis.

We have first world problems...
I think it's wrong to compare him to Melo obviously, but he's definitely a potential game changer. He's LaMarcus Aldridge v2.0.

I'm not holding my breath on McCollough starting. Someone says this every year about a freshmen. We have had starting point guards as freshmen, but I don't see it at forward. Even if Grant leaves it's more likely we see Silent G/Johnson and Roberson starting. Always pick experience where you have it when trying to figure out Boeheims lineups.

I have never seen cmac play, can someone break down his game a little bit.
6-10, athletic as hell, long, great shot blocker, surprisingly solid handle for his size, he can knock down jumpers out to 3 PT range but that's not his game. Still, he CAN hit from outside. He's a big time rebounder/put back guy. Runs extremely well so he will be lethal in transition.

As a 4, he's got serious talent and potential and could be a top 10 pick next year because his overall offensive skill level is higher than most HS power forwards at this point.

jekelish said:
I think it's wrong to compare him to Melo obviously, but he's definitely a potential game changer. He's LaMarcus Aldridge v2.0.
I wasn't comparing his game..just his impact

Cusefan0307 said:
I'm not holding my breath on McCollough starting. Someone says this every year about a freshmen. We have had starting point guards as freshmen, but I don't see it at forward. Even if Grant leaves it's more likely we see Silent G/Johnson and Roberson starting. Always pick experience where you have it when trying to figure out Boeheims lineups.
You don't get many immediate game changing type guys. That's the difference between Roberson and cmac. He'll start from minute 1 and won't last past may the following year.

jekelish said:
I know. Just for the benefit of anyone else reading, don't want their expectations to be skewed for what type of player he is. He's a lot more John Wallace than Melo.
Maybe a freakier more athletic version of both. Some of the highlights on him are unreal. JB has to be licking his chops

jekelish said:
To steal a line from Bees, McCullough starts from day one. Seriously, he's absolutely legit. I haven't been this excited about the potential of a recruit in a decade.

I'm not convinced yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom