Anthony Lee not considering Syracuse has 5 finalists. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anthony Lee not considering Syracuse has 5 finalists.

Alsacs said:
I believe you saying he is legit, but Roberson was the Gatorade NJ HS POY and he barely sniffed the court. I hope McCollough is the forward version of Ennis next year as a freshman.

He's not even close to Ennis in terms of impact. He'll be around for a few years.

He's not even close to Ennis in terms of impact. He'll be around for a few years.
I will absolutely go on record betting McCullough won't be here more than 2 years. I'm confident.

Last edited:
CMac may have all the physical gifts in the world, a la Billy Owens, DC, et al... But the video I have seen of him show very little motor/heart. He is absolutely West coast in his laid back behavior, his nickname could be "The Coaster"
I hope to be proven wrong, but no way is he going to have a "Melo" type impact... He has dropped to what, 29th in the rankings? Melo was behind only LBJ in his HS class. I think what the recent recruiting classes have shown us is that outside of the top 1 or 2 kids, it's a crap shoot after that...

CMac may have all the physical gifts in the world, a la Billy Owens, DC, et al... But the video I have seen of him show very little motor/heart. He is absolutely West coast in his laid back behavior, his nickname could be "The Coaster"
I hope to be proven wrong, but no way is he going to have a "Melo" type impact... He has dropped to what, 29th in the rankings? Melo was behind only LBJ in his HS class. I think what the recent recruiting classes have shown us is that outside of the top 1 or 2 kids, it's a crap shoot after that...
You can tell how much heart a kid has on a highlight video? Really??

jekelish said:
He's already been dubbed "the coaster"! For his west coastiness...

Well, from limited video and all star game action, yes I think he lacks that Sherman Douglas sized ticker. That's just my opinion... Would you call him a high motor guy? Absolutely not...

Cuse'91 said:
Well, from limited video and all star game action, yes I think he lacks that Sherman Douglas sized ticker. That's just my opinion... Would you call him a high motor guy? Absolutely not...

Boeheim is going to be in his face a lot next year. I don't get the sense he's been very well coached at IMG.

I've seen him play twice. Small sample, but I think I have a decent feel for his game.

He's a freakish looking athlete with a huge upside. But he's a long way from making an immediate impact.

There's going to be some growing pains.

McCullough has a lot of potential and is the most talented freshmen we have recruited at the forward position since Carmelo.

But he has some very obvious flaws (lazy, drifts, settles, doesn't play defense consistently).

Not saying we shouldn't be excited. But I'm more excited to see Roberson as a sophomore than McCullough as a freshman.

McCullough has a lot of potential and is the most talented freshmen we have recruited at the forward position since Carmelo.

But he has some very obvious flaws (lazy, drifts, settles, doesn't play defense consistently).

Not saying we shouldn't be excited. But I'm more excited to see Roberson as a sophomore than McCullough as a freshman.
McCullough is one of the toughest reads of all the SU recruits that I have scouted since 2000. Ridiculous athleticism and his potential is off the charts. On the flipside, his game is mainly based off transition and finishing around the rim. He can hit the occasional jumper and make a drive to the hole, but he has no post game what so ever and is very uncomfortable down low. He runs the floor well but I wonder how effective will he be if we're still playing at a slow pace in games that are 58-56 grinders where half-court offense will need to be on point. He plays with no emotion and looks to be bored most of the time lol. I think that's just more his personality as far as being a laid back kid, but I could see at times next season when some fans will probably get mad at him because it looks like he doesn't care. I think it's important for JB and the rest of the staff to keep him properly motivated for him to reach his potential. Hopefully with his stock taking a tumble in the rankings is enough to motivate him to come in and kick butt once he hits SU. CMac aka The Coaster aka The Hammer lol love it.

Francis03 said:
McCullough is one of the toughest reads of all the SU recruits that I have scouted since 2000. Ridiculous athleticism and his potential is off the charts. On the flipside, his game is mainly based off transition and finishing around the rim. He can hit the occasional jumper and make a drive to the hole, but he has no post game what so ever and is very uncomfortable down low. He runs the floor well but I wonder how effective will he be if we're still playing at a slow pace in games that are 58-56 grinders where half-court offense will need to be on point. He plays with no emotion and looks to be bored most of the time lol. I think that's just more his personality as far as being a laid back kid, but I could see at times next season when some fans will probably get mad at him because it looks like he doesn't care. I think it's important for JB and the rest of the staff to keep him properly motivated for him to reach his potential. Hopefully with his stock taking a tumble in the rankings is enough to motivate him to come in and kick butt once he hits SU. CMac aka The Coaster aka The Hammer lol love it.

Your observations are spot on.

He'll be a good player if we can run. Half court game, not so much.

Your observations are spot on.

He'll be a good player if we can run. Half court game, not so much.
It'll obviously suck if Ennis is gone, but one positive with Joseph running the show is that we'll most likely see the return of a transition game and playing at a quicker pace.

Francis03 said:
It'll obviously suck if Ennis is gone, but one positive with Joseph running the show is that we'll most likely see the return of a transition game and playing at a quicker pace.

So true.

Joseph is quicker than Ennis and won't hesitate to take it to the rim.

More in the mold of Flynn with a better mid range game.

McCullough will benefit from playing with Joseph. Grant, too.

We could be a running team next year.

The Syracuse reputation was built on running. With the zone the guards are always out on top in position to run.
If I didn't know better I would have thought that we spent the second half of the year auditioning for the Big 10.

I would be thrilled with even a poor man's version of the Aldridge Texas player who was still very raw. Greene had more offensive game and more hype, imo. Didn't Greene dominate the Nike camp and become a top 10 recruit? CMac is sliding.

Is anyone else getting tired of these expressionless faced unemotional players? Yes, you Rak, Brandon... I'm sure they may be different on the inside, but come on, give me some fire and smiles on the court... Man I miss Wesley's smile during games... DC2 tries to be like that and JB barks at him for it...

McCollough better have a decent offensive ability off the bat. 5 minutes into the Memphis game in 2003 we knew Melo was the best player on the floor. McCollough is getting a lot of Paul Harris hype circa 2006 and he wasn't as good as advertised.

I am taking a wait and see approach after all the Chuck Norris/Paul Harris comparsion jokes my friends and I did weren't accurate. I wouldn't put LaMarcus Aldridge freshman expectations on this kid that is why if Grant was going to the NBA I wish we pursued Lee.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m
Temple transfer Anthony Lee told ESPN he's trimmed his list to five: Ohio State, Indiana, Louisville, Iowa State and Notre Dame.

This was a dumb decision not pursue this kid. If we contacted him and he declined then I am wrong, but I honestly haven't seen Syracuse ever mentioned.
Do we even have a scholarship available to offer him? If not it's a moot point...

McCollough better have a decent offensive ability off the bat. 5 minutes into the Memphis game in 2003 we knew Melo was the best player on the floor. McCollough is getting a lot of Paul Harris hype circa 2006 and he wasn't as good as advertised.

I am taking a wait and see approach after all the Chuck Norris/Paul Harris comparsion jokes my friends and I did weren't accurate. I wouldn't put LaMarcus Aldridge freshman expectations on this kid that is why if Grant was going to the NBA I wish we pursued Lee.

I hear you but I will take the LMA freshman season (9 and 6 actually). I would be thrilled. Some people here are projecting this guy as a complete stud, and/or a double-double guy , or even Donte numbers which just ain't gonna happen, lol.

Needless to say, players like Melo are once-in-a-lifetime.
CMac might be that but its more likely he won't have the major impact that some are predicting.
Moreover, my confidence in JB has been shaken somewhat after the shenanigans w/ My Three Sons.
If CMac isn't All-World right off the bat, will he see enough PT to show his worth?
Yes, I'm still licking my wounds after this season, but I found it inexplicable that he'd wear down the team by only playing 6.5 guys. But I digress! :bang:
Obviously, if CMac is the stud we all hope he is, we'll see it soon enough. JMHO

Last edited:
I have never seen cmac play, can someone break down his game a little bit.

Charles Smith of Pitt/NY Knicks. Agile big man, runs well, but a PF, not a center. Has a decent mid-range jump shot, plays an impressive game above the rim. Good shot blocker, average rebounder for his size. Floats in and out of games sometimes. Has great skills, but not the greatest motor at times.

He has to learn to play the JB 2-3 zone. This will take time. Higher rated than Roberson, so maybe he will be further along, but if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

I'll put him down for a hit & miss 10 mins/game average next year.

A sophomore Roberson, should be something to get excited about, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom