Antwan Cordy is one of 50 'freaks' in college football. | Syracusefan.com

Antwan Cordy is one of 50 'freaks' in college football.

47. Antwan Cordy, Syracuse, DB
Orange head coach Dino Babers has said there’s a chance the 5-8, 183-pound safety from the Miami area might play both ways by stepping in at slot receiver to take further advantage of his terrific athleticism. Syracuse has a bunch of weight-room horses. Eric Dungey more than does his part, knocking out 20 reps at 225 — a hefty amount for any quarterback. But pound-for-pound, Cordy is the Orange’s strongest player. He benches 360, squats 550 and hang cleans 300. He also does 24 reps of 225. The one thing Syracuse fans would like to see from him is better health. Cordy has had to cope with two season-ending injuries that have caused him to miss 21 of 24 games over the past two years (broken forearm in 2016, lower-leg fracture in 2017).

I'm calling this now.

Jarveon Howard makes the list in his sophomore year. When all is said and done, top ten on the list. #1 last year, saquan barkley. Howards forty is .02 slower. He's 15lbs behind Barkley on the bench, with four years to beat him. Book it.

I'm calling this now.

Jarveon Howard makes the list in his sophomore year. When all is said and done, top ten on the list. #1 last year, saquan barkley. Howards forty is .02 slower. He's 15lbs behind Barkley on the bench, with four years to beat him. Book it.
Would love to see it. A 405+ hang clean for anyone is a tough order. Under 6'? Good luck.

I want to see Cordy catching a lot of passes this season.

One of the things I haven’t heard mentioned is the potential ability for the “addition” of Cordy to help offset tangible and intangible losses from Franklin/Bennett

My guess is no one is talking about it cause they are worried he is gonna get hurt again. If he can stay healthy, I think Cordy along with Slayton could go a long way toward filling the leadership gap created by Franklin/Bennett.

Add to that Alton Robinson having a whole year in the system and the talent gap becomes filled as well.

Nahh. Athletic freaks make the list. Injured or not, his athleticism is being recognized, as it's deserved. Hopefully he stays healthy this year.

I hope he stays healthy also. But this is not an image of athleticism. I could care less what he squats if he never plays.

2017-09-01-dn-sufoot16.JPG

That's an image of an athletic "freak" dealing with injury. If Saquan Barkley had missed half his games, I would still consider him an athletic freak. If Larry Allen had missed half his, I would still call him the strongest man to play in the NFL.

Lb for lb, Chris Slayton would have to bench 600, rep 50, and squat 900 to match him... Does that sound freakish, to you? It does to me.

It's just a shout out to the most athletic. Not those with the most football stats. And yes, we'd all like to see him healthy so we can watch it on the field.

Last edited:
I hope he stays healthy also. But this is not an image of athleticism. I could care less what he squats if he never plays.

2017-09-01-dn-sufoot16.JPG
Lifting will help him but some people are injury bitten. The strength coaches are doing all they can for him to be prepared. Law of physics isn’t on this kids side size wise. He got heart though so let this kid kick ars and take names. Hope he plays all year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he handles PR and KR He has to excel in the return game as it is his only shot at making the NFL

Chris Slayton eats iron and shi-‘s magnificence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom