Any Chance: Hopkins to BC, Autry to Va. Tech | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Any Chance: Hopkins to BC, Autry to Va. Tech

Hey, that's former Harlem Globetrotter Orlando Antigua to you, bub.
images

I think Antigua could do a good job at BC. He is an NYC kid(St. Raymonds) and did a good job recruiting there while an assistant at Pitt. He's done pretty well being Cal's top recruiter at UK and Memphis. That could be due to Cal slipping recruits some $$$, but that won't become public for a few more years. I think being a former Burger boy and HS All-American helps him relate to these kids in a way that most coaches can't.

Z.jpg

Z was a better Trotter.

Wallo said:
Curious that you are interested in my ass! Now that you established what you are, I decline to answer!

Wait, what is he?

Boston > Wichita (as cities go)?

The thing is no one cares about Bc in Boston, the Bc hockey teams gets more attention. If you are Marshall and you are coming off a final four, and a 34-0 season, why not think bigger?

i always thought that too.

however, he was on Francesa yesterday and...'take it with a grain of salt alert, for everybody has their price'...he said Providence was his dream job. he was born in providence, went to HS in providence, his friends and family are all in providence, he commuted to bc from providence as he lived(s) there.

You convinced me- in coach speak- he's obviously gone :p .

Every time I hear "dream job," I think of Doug Marrone.

It just seems that most coaches deny, deny then accept reminding me of the saying "me thinks thou dost protest too much". Makes for a cynical world.

It frosts my A$$ that posters state that BC & VT and other so called lower schools will want someone with HC experience. Yet,a BB school with the stature of Syacuse will accept a coach without any experience as a HC...!!

If BC would not want our AC, why would we settle for him! Imagine the number of talented HC's that would be salivating for the opportunity to coach at SU !

There are lots of retreads with head coaching experience out there, who aren't that good.

NKR1978 said:
If I were a d*** I would hijack this thread and try to create a long term Syracusefan.com meme of "things wallo would question." Like BlueCurtain and the infamous larger NBA court making the zone ineffective.
my favorite thread ever

Hope would look at BC's normal crowds and be like "We used to get more people at our practices when we had them at the Dome"

The thing is no one cares about Bc in Boston, the Bc hockey teams gets more attention. If you are Marshall and you are coming off a final four, and a 34-0 season, why not think bigger?
When they are playing well, BC sells out (i.e. 20-0 season), but I agree, there will be better jobs for him.

Tommy Amaker makes too much sense for BC. It would allow to him to stay in Boston, and not uproot his family. Amaker's wife is a provost at Harvard. He would get a nice bump in salary, and if he can recruit to Harvard he could recruit to Boston College which is a good academic school as well.

"Gas thread, make OP run around Marshall St. naked."

Except he wouldn't be naked with other dudes.

So, you guys are saying Kevin Bannon is in contention for the BC job?

Upstate said:
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 3m If Tommy Amaker doesn't take the Boston College job (and I don't think he will), hearing that Syracuse's Mike Hopkins is next guy in line.

Just saw that.

Ennis and Grant leave.

Hopkins to BC

Heads explode.

Tommy Amaker makes too much sense for BC. It would allow to him to stay in Boston, and not uproot his family. Amaker's wife is a provost at Harvard. He would get a nice bump in salary, and if he can recruit to Harvard he could recruit to Boston College which is a good academic school as well.

It seems that most of the guys that are plugged into the college world don't think Amaker would leave Harvard for BC. Basically, the argument is that the Harvard job is way easier than BC. It would be a long shot that he could get BC to an NCAA tourny, whereas he has a very good chance every year at Harvard.

Goodman was on the SVP show the other day saying he thinks Hopkins will end up taking the job when it's all said and done.

Melancer46 said:
It seems that most of the guys that are plugged into the college world don't think Amaker would leave Harvard for BC. Basically, the argument is that the Harvard job is way easier than BC. It would be a long shot that he could get BC to an NCAA tourny, whereas he has a very good chance every year at Harvard. Goodman was on the SVP show the other day saying he thinks Hopkins will end up taking the job when it's all said and done.

If that happens, I don't see Hop ever returning to SU.

Mike is as ready to become a head coach as any assistant coach has ever been. He has more experience than some current head coaches. The only thing he's missing is the heat/spotlight of being the HC. He's ready and will do well.

mike is 2 years older than buzz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom