Class of 2014 - Any concerns regarding lack of commitments | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Any concerns regarding lack of commitments

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
Thought by now the Cuse would have at least 5 - 6. Who will be the next Orange commit?

None whatsoever. I think our new staff is shaping up as ace recruiters. It's only May--let's see where things stand by the start of camp.

If you go by the last 4-5 years, Syracuse has gotten a majority of its commits in June/July, I can specifically remember this type of post last year around this time and a few weeks later the flood gates opened. I wouldnt be overally concerned about the lack of commits with it being only May 21st, if it were July 21st and we were still at 2-3 commits then yes I would have concern. The only worries I have are NYC/LI/NJ and Shafer/McDonald overreaching.

Sometimes coming off a good year mid level teams can shoot for the stars with high end prospects, it happened to SU before I believe under Coach Mac. You offer a ton of high end guys, feel like your going to land your fair share and then get left holding the bag when nearly all of them commit to the traditional powers. I am not saying that will happen here but just something to keep an eye on. Other issue is with Marrone and Anselmo gone our NYC pipeline needs a total re-work and I have big time concerns about Moore trying to recruit that area.

I live in the Chicago area and noticed many of the IL offers are committing elsewhere, especially to B1G schools. Hoping the Cuse can get RB Domer from Mt. Carmel (Chicago), OG Shute of Glen Ellyn, LB Moskal from Lake Zurich and CB Cotton from O'Fallon. B1G schools are all over these guys and it would send a signal that the Cuse is a player in IL.

I agree that it seems like a lot of effort has been put into Illinois, getting two guys out of that group would be huge.

Agree! Kid from Niles ND, Chris Kelly, is a stud RB but I think he will commit to Wisc.

I live in the Chicago area and noticed many of the IL offers are committing elsewhere, especially to B1G schools. Hoping the Cuse can get RB Domer from Mt. Carmel (Chicago), OG Shute of Glen Ellyn, LB Moskal from Lake Zurich and CB Cotton from O'Fallon. B1G schools are all over these guys and it would send a signal that the Cuse is a player in IL.

This is always a battle SU will have in trying to get kids to choose NY over closer schools. Just the nature of the beast as it pertains to residing in a state that doesn't have an over abundence of local talent. Also why it is so much more painful for us to lose out on talented NY guys that choose to ply their trades elsewhere.

Who are you referring to...me?

Was a joke but not specifically aimed at you. There's another more frequent poster named Cali that posts stuff like this fairly often. He'll always be worried about some aspect of recruiting unless our recruiting class mirrors Alabama's. Stop by the board more often and you'll start to learn other posters tendencies!

Why is it necessary to have two of these threads going at once? any way to delete this and just continue on with this one... http://syracusefan.com/threads/tons-of-offers-and-ounces-on-verbals.52311/ ? The Connor Strachan thread has also devolved into a similar discussion. Recruits do look at this stuff and a couple worrywarts could place seeds of doubt... Maybe I'm the one worrying too much, but they get enough of this stuff on Syracuse.com. The staff has been in place for only a few months and are clearly being very aggressive - I doubt there is much cause for concern in May. Feel like one thread for the recruiting neurotics should be good enough until we see what happens over the next few months.

Orangejet, Justin Jackson (Glenbard North) from what I've seen reminds a lot of Ray Rice. I hope to get a chance to see him play this fall. Saw Eric Schute (Glenabrd West) play last year against Proviso West and came away very impressed.

Thought by now the Cuse would have at least 5 - 6. Who will be the next Orange commit?
I think the commits will come but admittedly I'm always impatient for "the next one". his seems to be anextended period of time since our las. There has been a large number of offers and there are at least three that are considered high probability of becoming Orange.

Keep in mind this staff is "late" to the game this year. I have a strong feeling that McDonald is going to be a major closer, even with the late jump.

Concerns, none.
We have a staff with proven recruiting success, and it should be a great ride. We'll see the results on the field a little bit more every year. We're not as explosive as the best teams yet, but we are already at the point where we tee up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom