Remaining schedule as of 10.06 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remaining schedule as of 10.06

I dont see a game we cant win or lose. I believe we beat BC Uconn NC state. Road at Pitt, Cal will be tough. Miami at home because it is at home gives us a chance. VT is a toss-up.
I see 4 more wins. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
Sometime this team is going to put a complete game together, and when that happens, the team's on the rest of the schedule will be in trouble. I just hope it happens within the next 2 games.

That Missouri win lost its luster after they were embarrassed by aTm. UNC? The sane UNC that was trucked by James Madison? Auburn isn’t good either …. The wins are all meh. Duke was exposed … they have been the benefactors of a really soft schedule. How many of those teams above have two wins against ranked teams? UNLV is better than most of the schools listed above and we beat them on the road.

Still don’t know what to make of Pitt … there is a reason no one ranked them even at 4-0. Other than Miami our schedule should literally be coin tossed.
Good post. Facts

Our schedule remains more difficult than we all thought it would be at the start.
Hope Fran can fix the issues we have so that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot in any of these games.

1. 6-0 miami - benefiting from playing some struggling teams, but keep winning, so...
  2. 5-0 pitt - beat NC & WVU
  3. 4-2 bc - not too much on their schedule as FSU sucks now. They beat MSU & within 7 against Missouri
  4. 4-2 uconn - within 5 against 5-1 Duke & routed Buffalo (who beat NIU who beat ND)
  5. 3-3 NC state - didn't notice much on their schedule
  6. 3-3 VT. Within 7 against Vandy who beat #1 Bama, 3 against Rutgers, 4 against undefeated Miami, and positively routed Stanford who beat us.
  7. 3-2 Cal. beat Auburn, took Miami to the wire
We are underdogs in 5 of these games.
Four down. One to go.

Honestly, kind of wild how the narrative of the schedule has shifted tremendously in the past month.

Exactly.
Its always amusing how amateur Nostradamus' pop off about how "easy" our schedule is, or how its ranked "blah blah blah" by some random podcast, when it's clear that NOBODY knows what'll happen on any given Sunday, let alone a whole season.
There's turnover every year, and injuries are a huge part of the game. And now with transfer portals, etc - it becomes even more of a guessing game. Just ask FSU about "easy" schedules.

Exactly.
Its always amusing how amateur Nostradamus' pop off about how "easy" our schedule is, or how its ranked "blah blah blah" by some random podcast, when it's clear that NOBODY knows what'll happen on any given Sunday, let alone a whole season.
There's turnover every year, and injuries are a huge part of the game. And now with transfer portals, etc - it becomes even more of a guessing game. Just ask FSU about "easy" schedules.
I think compared to the gauntlets of 3-4 ranked teams in a row a few recent years, our schedule is easier. Not necessarily easy. Would you replace this schedule with good FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Good NC state, Notre Dame? 5 projected double digit losses, vs 5 ”toss up“ type games this year coming up.

To your point about Florida state they are the only team to play 6 games vs winning FBS opponents. Last years Florida state team with a Healthy Qb would still find this schedule “easy”

If you were ranking these in order of difficulty you have VT way too low. They’ve played well all year, all close losses to good teams. They have a nasty pass rush to boot.
I think VT might be the best team in the conference. They’ve had some bad luck, but I can see them winning a lot of games the rest of the way.

I think we’re seeing the front edge of the parity as a result of the transfer portal. All teams are reshaping themselves from one year to the next, and it’s virtually impossible to know for certain what teams will perform. Plus with so much change, teams are more up and down than in past years.

Miami is the toughest game and they should have lost the last 2.

The next undefeated road team we play will be way easier than UNLV (unless Pitt loses this weekend.)

NC State can't look any worse than they do at the moment. Clean somethings up play well the next 2 games and it becomes time again to focus on making a potential playoff push. The last 5 aren't that bad and BC and Cal are not extremely difficult places to play we'll have 1/2 the crowd at BC and Cal will have been travelling so much by that point that I don't think they get a ton of home field edge.

Cal got 30K for game one and 50K for Miami
We play them before the Stanford game

It really matters how well they are going at that point. They make have 20K if they are off the rails by then. of 35K if they are still playing well.

they flew to FSU
back home to play Miami
Back out to play Pitt
Back home
Back out to play Wake
Back home to play us.

At some point 5-6 EC/WC trips has to add up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom