Any idea when SU makes official announcement and Shafer has his presser? | Syracusefan.com

Any idea when SU makes official announcement and Shafer has his presser?

I would think tomorrow, Thursday at the latest. Probably want to let the Alabama news cycle run it's course.

I would think tomorrow, Thursday at the latest. Probably want to let the Alabama news cycle run it's course.
i dunno. i understand the logic of letting the alabama news die down...but once that news dies down, everybody stops looking at the ncaaf page on espn for months. i'd say we try to piggyback and get the views while people are reading about the sport.

My understanding is that he was at the AFCA convention in Nashville. Maybe waiting for his return to Syracuse.

That makes me more excited. Good stuff.

Now to get used to the mid western accent vs the Bronx accent ;)

It's actually an AP story that the Post picked up. Probably written by John Kekis.
Yeah, I realized that after I posted. Have you ever met Kekis? I've been reading his stuff for years.

if he really is at the conf that would explain the timing and also likely any staff issues they are revolving so it could be all wrapped up by then..

Impressive. Me like.

And he sought recruiting advice years ago from DeLeone.

There is an excellent, extended video of his introduction as new DC in 2009 press conference.

Link comes from Orangeyes direct link or indirectly via an article he posted.
I remember seeing that, and love the part where he talks about who influenced him. He lists coaches he's worked for, goes down the line, from his time as a GA at Indiana to Stanford, then simply says, "And I learned a lot from my last job." Zing!

I remember seeing that, and love the part where he talks about who influenced him. He lists coaches he's worked for, goes down the line, from his time as a GA at Indiana to Stanford, then simply says, "And I learned a lot from my last job." Zing!

As another poster said, that Michigan experience with coach RR was an extremely important learning experience.

Michigan was a "dream job" for him; but as he found out and as he said: it's really about being comfortable or in harmony with the people even more than the place (paraphrase).

A lot of coaches, like everyone else always are looking to move up yet another step, and perhaps with a great staff, and competitive salary and support, he will want to make SU his long term home.

The best part if this video is watching Marrone from the future after learning how full of shut he is. Everything about his speech seems so damn fake now.

There is an excellent, extended video of his introduction as new DC in 2009 press conference.

Link comes from Orangeyes direct link or indirectly via an article he posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom