Any news on game time? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any news on game time?

any news on the clemson game time? if not what times do you think are best bet? would they wait this long an still schedule a noon game?

Yes, the Clemson game is in Syracuse on October 5th. True story.

Chris - what's your take on who one should be pulling for in tonight's and Saturday's games if you want a 3:30 slot for SU?

3 scenarios for me:

#1- GT/MIA and FSU lose= 8pm start for us
#2-either GT/MIA or FSU lose=tossup between noon and 330 start
#3- GT or MIA win and FSU wins=330 start

I think #3 is most likely and #1 is least likely.

what exactly is the difference between 2 and 3? gt or mia lose or gt or miami win? obviously one of them is going to win so?

ESPN is annoying and the extra 6 day window really means nobody will know till then. I bet the athletic dept is guessing as well. I'm hoping 3:30 at the earliest. Would love a night game.

I wonder what happens if OSU loses to Wisc.. that takes some of the luster off the ABC OSU/NW game and makes Clemson the highest ranked team they could put on in that primetime window.

I'd say Miami-GT just locked themselves up a noon slot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Not necessarily that may have been bad if we wanted a 330 kickoff since that's usually the least desirable game I thought?

I always thought Miami played early games? Could we sneak into a late slot? Clemson is far and away the biggest draw, plus our inaugural acc home opener?

I wonder what happens if OSU loses to Wisc.. that takes some of the luster off the ABC OSU/NW game and makes Clemson the highest ranked team they could put on in that primetime window.
OSU v Northwestern is already slotted for 8:00 p.m. on ABC. ESPN/ABC schedule below:

8:00 PMNo. 4 Ohio State at No. 17 Northwestern

My bet is with the GT loss tonight we will be playing at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. I don't know how much say the ACC has in scheduling games but I don't see how they would want Maryland who is suing the league and heading to the Big 10 as the 8:00 p.m. game.

the 8pm slot is looking to be a split window. if OSU loses clemson becomes the best team

ABC will start splitting 8 PM games...I would think GT loss puts that game at noon on ESPN. FSU/Mary and Cuse/Clem will be 330 and 8 pm regional (half country) type games.

what exactly is the difference between 2 and 3? gt or mia lose or gt or miami win? obviously one of them is going to win so?

2 also has florida state lose while fsu wins in scenario 3

im hoping for an 8 o clock game. As i will be able to bring a larger and rowdy crowd and we all know the dome and beer venders love that

Dont sleep on USF this weekend.. Miami is getting a but overhyped. USF is bad but they played one common opp and if you look at how those games played out USF actually played better than Maimi did on D but gave away 2 TD's on offense.. they fix those problems things could change

Dont sleep on USF this weekend.. Miami is getting a but overhyped. USF is bad but they played one common opp and if you look at how those games played out USF actually played better than Maimi did on D but gave away 2 TD's on offense.. they fix those problems things could change

there's not a chance in hell USF wins that game... They lost to McNeese St. by 32 points!

OSU v Northwestern is already slotted for 8:00 p.m. on ABC. ESPN/ABC schedule below:

8:00 PMNo. 4 Ohio State at No. 17 Northwestern

My bet is with the GT loss tonight we will be playing at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. I don't know how much say the ACC has in scheduling games but I don't see how they would want Maryland who is suing the league and heading to the Big 10 as the 8:00 p.m. game.

Agreed, we should be the better slot now. GT looked no better then we did in the first couple of games, if not worse at home and MD is going to be exposed for who they are as they haven't palyed anybody, (WV is basically the same team we played last year without Geno, and look what we did to them) and FSU will steam roll the Terps, and MD and ACC have the suit ongoing, so I agree, we will have either the ABC slot at 3:30 (Most likely IMO) or the 8pm ESPN slot. East Coast will tune into our game, not alot of interest in NW and OSU, even though that could be the game of the day. (I would like to see NW smash OSU and validate us alittle more, they are a pretty good football team)

At this point, I think it is mote, but the best we can hope for is an ugly win by Miami, which would solidify our slot, IMO.

I don't think it matters anymore. The best chance GT-Miami had to get 3:30 or 8 was to have 2 undefeated teams, now they don't have it.

Having said that, USF is really bad. Sometimes teams like that can make it a game at home (UConn vs Michigan), but I can't see Miami losing that game.

It's USF's super bowl so Miami will see all they have to offer, we'll see how much they can offer soon. Dangerous game for the Hurricanes especially if they come in cocky and have some early turnovers.

not a CHANCE Miami will even come close to losing to that team they call USF!! SCORE 56-7

time will tell
35-7 at the half and this happened...

2ypunt.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors