Any positions of need left ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any positions of need left ?

There’s a pwo from Texas and you can put James in at Rb as well.

Theres a pwo already on the roster.

its not a pressing need

Clemson and Georgia both have 9 RBs on roster... As do all big time programs. We have 5. Our RB room is uber talented but we're for sure short on numbers. Johnson Jr might be part of the answer as could James and we could still us another scholarship RB

Clemson and Georgia both have 9 RBs on roster... As do all big time programs. We have 5. Our RB room is uber talented but we're for sure short on numbers. Johnson Jr might be part of the answer as could James and we could still us another scholarship RB
Todays world is different. Teams are not going to keep

sorry teams are not going to keep that kind of depth. If you can go three deep that would be awesome. look how hard it is to have a solid back up qb. These kids all want to play. Syracuse looks to be in excellent shape across the board. Better than most and definitely better than we have been in over 25 years. Other than QB i believe we are in very good shape

9 scholarship?

There’s a pwo from Texas and you can put James in at Rb as well.

Theres a pwo already on the roster.

its not a pressing need
I guess the question is whether we have enough quality behind the first two. There have been good teams that have had to rely on their 4th RB due to injuries in the recent past.

I guess the question is whether we have enough quality behind the first two. There have been good teams that have had to rely on their 4th RB due to injuries in the recent past.
I’d rather have Peña or one of the dbs as an emergency 4th rb than spend the remaining scholarship on a rb.

I can’t think of a time in the last 45 yrs that this team has been forced to play a 4th rb. In 97 all three FB were injured by game 4 but that was an unique event

I’d rather have Peña or one of the dbs as an emergency 4th rb than spend the remaining scholarship on a rb.

I can’t think of a time in the last 45 yrs that this team has been forced to play a 4th rb. In 97 all three FB were injured by game 4 but that was an unique event

Reyes hurt
Rhodes hurt
Washington concussed
Sellers ineffective

Some DB had to pick up the slack.

9 scholarship?
No think it's 5 scholarship per vs our 3. So either 9 vs 5 including walk ons or 5 vs 3 without. LA getting banged up early in Spring game just stuck with me. I love both true Frosh RBs but I don't love being 1 tackle away from them being out only scholarship RBs available.

No think it's 5 scholarship per vs our 3. So either 9 vs 5 including walk ons or 5 vs 3 without. LA getting banged up early in Spring game just stuck with me. I love both true Frosh RBs but I don't love being 1 tackle away from them being out only scholarship RBs available.
Willis looks like he can handle the load but can Hart handle 8-10 carries a game? WIll the run game be as effective with him in there? Those are things you have to consider. Its not just about numbers.

You have 3 RB's then James and Pena.
That's more then enough.
Right now you don't have room enough to get James touches on offense with his speed.

It happens every year to someone, and I think coaches try to prepare for it. I think Georgia had a bunch injured a few years ago. I think Mike Hart got his shot at Michigan because three guys in front of him were banged.

Reyes hurt
Rhodes hurt
Washington concussed
Sellers ineffective

Some DB had to pick up the slack.
I referenced Ferri earlier, I thought he was third in the rotation, so once in 45 yrs last game of the season

three guys in front of him were banged.

beavis laugh.gif

Willis looks like he can handle the load but can Hart handle 8-10 carries a game? WIll the run game be as effective with him in there? Those are things you have to consider. Its not just about numbers.

Lot more carries to be has that we're going to the QB prior as well. Will be interesting to see how the new staff works it out but would rather avoid LA getting worn down by mid season if possible

Doggy? I haven’t read the rest of the thread yet, so I’m sure it’s been said. But, I vote doggy.

I like our depth, I know people are going to say backup QB but anything else you guys feel we need

Unless the coach's son who just joined us is a viable back-up QB, then I still think we are lacking a guy there, like a junior, as others have said.

We need another RB, since we only have 3. I imagine they'd still take another interior DL if they could get another good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom