Any Pre-Season Bets? | Syracusefan.com

Any Pre-Season Bets?

mlbball99

2nd String
Just curious, what pre-season bets have y'all taken?

So far, I've got:

- Syracuse to win the conference
- McCord to win the Heisman
- Syracuse over 7 wins
- Syracuse -17.5 over Ohio

Anyone else take anything noteworthy?

I know that most of the heavy hitters have been betting the SU under win totals.

So far, I've got:

- Syracuse over 7 wins

Cuse to win ACC and over 7 as well

I also have small bets on the below. I just do it for fun. I think we win 8 games even with all the newness and first time stuff going on but the recent comments about the defense being complex make me a little more nervous on how quickly the players can execute it properly. And I have some concerns on what happens if our OT's can't pass protect with McCord under center. I feel like we are hoping they can but we don't have much proof that they can.

- Syracuse over 7.5 wins

I think 7.5 wins is a stay away with a first year HC. I think they go 8-4 but that's not great value at all.

I'm going to parlay FSU beating BC at FSU, Cuse -17.5 and Cuse under

$100 on Syracuse to win the ACC Conference Championship game wins you $6,000.

I would have hoped for a higher return.

Hate living in NYS and not being able to place these bets. It makes absolutely 0 sense to me why you can't bet on NY college teams but it's okay to bet on any other team located within NY.

I assume this is because it's a lot easier for someone to sway a college athlete than a pro athlete.

I assume this is because it's a lot easier for someone to sway a college athlete than a pro athlete.
I think that's the argument, but what's stopping someone living in PA or another state trying to do the same thing.

I think that's the argument, but what's stopping someone living in PA or another state trying to do the same thing.

I agree it makes little sense. I suppose if you live nearby a college/university, you may have an easier way to connect to an athlete as opposed to one out of state. Obviously it can still be done, it just might be a little more challenging and harder to do on a larger scale.

Ny one of the few states thats does this as well as limits betting on random other bets that are voted on and not played out.

So far, I've got:

- Syracuse over 7 wins

I put $20 on Conference Champs at 60/1 while out of state

donniesyracuse is in a class by himself with the dislike button lately.
On the Off Topic forum, I said I would be handing out red stilettos to all posts involving one’s wagers. Since this thread is specifically for that purpose, I guess that is unfair. I will go back and retrieve them.

Hate living in NYS and not being able to place these bets. It makes absolutely 0 sense to me why you can't bet on NY college teams but it's okay to bet on any other team located within NY.
it is terrible right!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom