Any Spring Game Observations? | Syracusefan.com

Any Spring Game Observations?

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
For those who were there last night, what did you see? Who impressed? What did you think of the coaching? How did the players look physically? Has Coach Brown truly changed the Program?

Okay.

I see a "Spring Game April 20, 2024 7 pm" thread. <snip>
I don't like having to search the threads for updated posts.

Saturday Night Live 90S GIF

Coaching is the most passionate coaching I’ve seen on our sidelines in a LONG time.

And this was just a spring game
Agree with this. Quite animated. Intensity seemed higher.

Different pregame routines. Looked to be more methodical and precise in terms of warm ups.

The transfers stood out to me in terms of size especially on d line. Hastings, Diggs, etc. They’re men. Clark looked stronger/bigger on D. Bellamy played well I thought. I’ll be curious to see how he and Grant do at corner. I’m sure Barnes isn’t far behind.

I think some of the existing LBs struggled a little but that may be scheme adjustment.

Willis impressed me the most. He’s built. After that Haynes and Pena were great along with Gill. Wide receiver room is a huge step up.

McCord read the field well. Had a few throws I’m sure he’d like back but it was nice seeing such an accurate ball.

It was a good crowd. Light years better than last year. Atmosphere was just upbeat and energetic. Of course it’s a diehard crowd but I was impressed by how many young fans were there. They had some local schools present. And the former players were all over the place. It just wasn’t the few on the field. Tons more in the stands. Sounded like over a 100 former players were in town this weekend.

I loved FBs story about why he picked the jersey to wear on quad walk. He’s all over the place rebuilding / building new relationships ships.

I watched some of the assistants a lot to see how they interacted. I was on away side so saw more of Devin Redd and E Rob.

Zaire was very active in terms of talking to guys and being a mentor. It was nice to see. He spent a while talking to Heard, who I didn’t even notice if he played. But he’s big. Same with King Joseph. He’s got a great frame. You can tell he doesn’t have the size yet but when he builds that out, watch out.

There was an insane number of recruits on the field pre game. Have never seen anything like it here.

Mentioned this on recruiting board but sat near a local HS coach. He had a few players there with him. It was so nice hearing them talk about FB. There’s a noticeable buzz on the recruiting front. They know the caliber of recruits visiting and committing. Talent attracts more talent. Lots of buzz. Have never had a fan nearby me talk about recruits before. People are realizing that things are changing.

Okay.

I see a "Spring Game April 20, 2024 7 pm" thread.

I gather that's what you're talking about.

I haven't gotten used to the consolidated threads on this board.

There's a "New Posts" button to click.

Lists every brand new thread, and every update to old threads since the last time you visited.

One of the most underappreciated functions of the board, if you ask me.

Either the O-line is improved, or the studs on the d line are overhyped.

Either our WR are vastly improved our our DBs are going to be a weakness.

McCord is either very good or he picked on a bad D.

While it was entertaining to see the new faces, I really don't think we can glean much from the scrimmage.

Okay.

In my opinion, the whole set up of syracusefan.com is not user friendly and needs to be redesigned.

Okay.

That’s the one.

Okay.

That's interesting. As long as I am logged in, both my phone and computer automatically take me to my most recent unread post in each thread.

In my opinion, the whole set up of syracusefan.com is not user friendly and needs to be redesigned.
It amazes me how rude people are. The other post was so bad it was deleted.

That’s the one.
In my opinion that is not a user friendly way to compile post game observation posts.

That thread title
Instead of straight criticism, how would you like it designed?

I personally think that it’s set up extremely user friendly and is very easy to use
I guess I would go back to way it was at one time - where multiple threads on a related subject were allowed to be posted - rather than requiring arguably related posts to be consolidated into a single thread.

I found it hard in this instance to find a thread that dealt strictly with post spring game observations.

The subject thread that I was directed to by others on the board had a title that seemed to address the date and time of the game.

In my opinion that is not a user friendly way to compile post game observation posts.

That thread title

I guess I would go back to way it was at one time - where multiple threads on a related subject were allowed to be posted - rather than requiring arguably related posts to be consolidated into a single thread.

I found it hard in this instance to find a thread that dealt strictly with post spring game observations.

The subject thread that I was directed to by others on the board had a title that seemed to address the date and time of the game.

For the record I don’t think there is anything wrong with you starting this thread and having a discussion in here

That thread title

Rarely do threads stick to the titled subject. That is one of the beauties of this place.

It's not the Wild West here. It's more civilized with less rabble (except for ________________ ). And it's moderated quite judiciously. Jerks don't last long (except for ________________ ) and we all appreciate that. I laugh as heartily at some of these posts as I do at anything. And I get the straight dope from real fans, some ex-players and some insiders. Maybe I like it so much because I'm a straight dope.

The mods here make this place an oasis of sanity and courtesy in a social media world gone bonkers. It’s the thing that makes us come back. How many flame wars occur (show up) on this site? Try that standard alone any place else on the internet.

There. That’s enough ass-kissing of the mods for today. Their heads are big enough as it is.

I get that. It's harder to sift through a ton of pages of things posted during the game than it is to have a thread of post game conclusions. This thread makes sense, just like the the two in season threads of comments during the game and then a post game one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom