Any takers for a weekly top 10? | Syracusefan.com

Any takers for a weekly top 10?

jekelish

Living Legend
So, I was thinking that it might be fun to do a weekly ranking of the top 10 basketball teams in the nation, with several voters chiming in, and then I would collect the data, compile the average rankings, and release a weekly top 10 on Otto's Grove.

We've got a couple guys already who are going to submit their top 10s, but I thought it would be fun to open it up to maybe 5-6 people here who would like to participate. Is this something anyone (who watches a lot of college hoops and can vote with some decent knowledge of the teams) would be interested in? I'd need votes to come in as reliably as possible, probably sometime on each Sunday.

Just a thought...I'm happy to take the first 6 people who know they can send in their top 10 each week.

I-volunteer-as-tribute.gif

I'll do it, although I've yet to get fully into the college bball swing. I've only watched 2 full games this week and 4 parts of others.

Sunday by when?

I'll do it, although I've yet to get fully into the college bball swing. I've only watched 2 full games this week and 4 parts of others.

Sunday by when?
For the most part, I would say 4 PM EDT would probably have most Sunday afternoon games completed throughout the season, so let's go with that.

I have an over inflated sense of my opinion, so color me intrigued.

OK I'll do some homework and watch a bunch this weekend but if I had to off the top of my head this minute:
1.UK
2.Duke
3.-9. (in some order) Wisci, Virginia, Lville, Nova, Gonzaga, Arizona, Texas
10. I have no idea but probably missed an obvious one.

Its really encouraging thinking about the top10 and realizing that after the first 5 teams there aren't any clear great teams to worry about this year.

OK I'll do some homework and watch a bunch this weekend but if I had to off the top of my head this minute:
1.UK
2.Duke
3.-9. (in some order) Wisci, Virginia, Lville, Nova, Gonzaga, Arizona, Texas
10. I have no idea but probably missed an obvious one.

Its really encouraging thinking about the top10 and realizing that after the first 5 teams there aren't any clear great teams to worry about this year.
Well, I don't need you to rank them right here. I'd want them sent to me via e-mail or PM.

Are you thinking just ranking, or ranking with a quick rationale?

Are you thinking just ranking, or ranking with a quick rationale?
Just ranking - but if you wanted to do a quick sentence for each team, I can work that into the comments beneath the rankings.

Well, I don't need you to rank them right here. I'd want them sent to me via e-mail or PM.

I know I was just trying to see if I even had a good grasp on which teams to include yet. That took me 20sec and I struggled to come up with a 10th team.

I'd be game. Very curious to see if it differs much from the regular polls.

So far, hats being thrown into the ring are:

TrueBlue
Jordoo
OttoinGrotto
TDTOrange

It can be expanded to a top 15, if people would think that works better.

I prefer keeping it to 10 as I'm not sure there are 10 clear top10 teams right now but I'll play along with whatever.

jekelish said:
So far, hats being thrown into the ring are: TrueBlue Jordoo OttoinGrotto TDTOrange It can be expanded to a top 15, if people would think that works better.

So Buffalo will be receiving votes? :p

You should include cliftonparksufan and Marsh... They seem to be the ones who watch the most college ball here.

You should include cliftonparksufan and Marsh... They seem to be the ones who watch the most college ball here.
Oh, I'd be happy to. I didn't want to speak for anyone who may not feel like they want to/have the ability to participate each week, of course.

cliftonparksufan and Marsh01 what say you?

Oh, I'd be happy to. I didn't want to speak for anyone who may not feel like they want to/have the ability to participate each week, of course.

cliftonparksufan and Marsh01 what say you?
Sure, I'd love to be a pollster but is it a problem if the deadline was more like 6 or 7 pm instead of 4 pm.

My top 10 if you need an extra.

1. Kentucky
2. Duke
3. Arizona
4. Virginia
5. Wisconsin
6. Louisville
7. Texas
8. Gonzaga
9. Villanova
10. Kansas

When we do start this up, those involved can drop an email to @gmail.com with their rankings and I'll go from there.