Any thoughts on why... | Syracusefan.com

Any thoughts on why...

RF2044

Living Legend
...rewatching the UNC game right now. Any thoughts on why we get off to slow starts most games?

Seems like we don't play effectively for the first few minutes of most games, then really dial in and blow the doors off of most teams [even when we aren't playing with orgasmic bliss, we tend to go on "quiet" runs that bury most teams, almost every game].

Thoughts?

...we get off to slow starts most games?

Seems like we don't play effectively for the first few minutes of most games, then really dial in and blow the doors off of most teams [even when we aren't playing with orgasmic bliss, we tend to go on "quiet" runs that bury most teams, almost every game].

Thoughts?

Teams have to be shooting 89% against us in the first 3 minutes. I mean it seems like they make everything. No different today.

...rewatching the UNC game right now. Any thoughts on why we get off to slow starts most games?

Thoughts?

On D, the other team has set plays vs the zone they practiced probably 100 times in practice. After it works a couple times, we adjust and they crap themselves.

On offense. I don't have an answer.

On D, the other team has set plays vs the zone they practiced probably 100 times in practice. After it works a couple times, we adjust and they crap themselves.

Interesting thought--could be.

It makes sense. Similar to teams having success immediately off timeouts or like today early in the 2nd half.

It seems like we are one of those teams that kind of learns as the game goes on both ends. Why teams shoot so well to start games is hard to say.

It makes sense. Similar to teams having success immediately off timeouts or like today early in the 2nd half.

Watch the 1st play in the 2nd half. Roy clearly drew up a nice play right out the gate to get a dunk.

But you only use that trick once.

Watch the 1st play in the 2nd half. Roy clearly drew up a nice play right out the gate to get a dunk.

But you only use that trick once.

Exactly and that was the play that comes to mind. Announcers mentioned it too.

I actually think that for the most part we've gotten off to good starts offensively to games and after halftime this season.

RF2044 said:
...rewatching the UNC game right now. Any thoughts on why we get off to slow starts most games? Seems like we don't play effectively for the first few minutes of most games, then really dial in and blow the doors off of most teams [even when we aren't playing with orgasmic bliss, we tend to go on "quiet" runs that bury most teams, almost every game]. Thoughts?

Lots of football players need a good pop to get into the game. Basketball seems to be similar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom