Any truth to this? | Syracusefan.com

Any truth to this?

edowd26

Hall of Fame
Now I'm not buying this and think its bogus.

My father told me that while he was at a holiday party his cousin told him Syracuse was trying to get an open air stadium and a new basketball arena.

Dude's not a liar, but I do think he's misinformed. No way this is happening?

My father told me that while he was at a holiday party his cousin told him Syracuse was trying to get an open air stadium and a new basketball arena.

Was trying?

You know a developer submitted plans for an outdoor stadium at Skytop several years back. I don't think the university was all that interested.

I've heard that and posted it. I heard 5-10 years. Skytop.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yah... Only an idiot would suggest this. God, I'm tired of people who are too young to not have a clue what sitting in an outdoor stadium in Syracuse is like in November...
It makes me think back to the BC game in 1977. It snowed,then rained and then the sun came out in the 4th Q. Open Air stadium, you got to be nuts!!!

I don't go to the football board often, but when I a do...

they talk about how Syracuse doesn't have enough money to even shovel the sidewalks of the athletics facilities. It's apparently so bad that some are practically suggesting sending muscle to Dwight Freeney's house to shake the guy down for cash. How in theee heck are they going to do all of what is suggested here?

Totally agree - unless some company forks over mega millions for naming rights. Even then ...

I don't go to the football board often, but when I a do...

they talk about how Syracuse doesn't have enough money to even shovel the sidewalks of the athletics facilities. It's apparently so bad that some are practically suggesting sending muscle to Dwight Freeney's house to shake the guy down for cash. How in theee heck are they going to do all of what is suggested here?

Yah... Only an idiot would suggest this. God, I'm tired of people who are too young to not have a clue what sitting in an outdoor stadium in Syracuse is like in November...
drink more beer.

I would prefer a multi-purpose domed stadium that could easily accommodate close to 50k for football and 35k for basketball. That would be awesome.

Yes, and I believe there is a twin sister as well being secretly raised by Jimmy Smits

That reminds me of the profecy that says edowd will bring balance to the board. Now let's see, we know that bees is a sith and that edowd has a twin sister who is pure as driven snow... Lets hope edowd doesn't outlive bees... oh snap, wait a tick!

What's so bad about an open air football stadium. Show some heart as a fan. It would be a huge homefield advantage for us late in the year against southern acc schools. We are from Syracuse. We aren't wimps. If the team is good people will go whether it's 100 or negative 10.

What's so bad about an open air football stadium. Show some heart as a fan. It would be a huge homefield advantage for us late in the year against southern acc schools. We are from Syracuse. We aren't wimps. If the team is good people will go whether it's 100 or negative 10.
Why do you think they built a dome in the first place. All this crap about how football was supposed to be played. They didn't have artificial turf or domed climate controlled stadiums when the game was invented. If it was created now, a lot more people would favor that rather than sitting in a 35 degree, windy rain storm

I thought I heard somebody say that Syracuse is a hard-nosed city, filled with hard nosed tough people?

The Dome is the one unique thing we have over every other BCS program. Just because we've rarely taken advantage of that fact doesn't mean we should go open air.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

at least it wouldn't be a stuffy, humid 100 degrees with no circulation like the NW game

We'd lose the advantage of controlling the air pressure/wind conditions with the strategical opening & closing of the dome doors at crucial times and the resulting devastating effect it has on opponents.

i dunno... where were you in 83?
Bees was embedded outside of Pyongyang planning his future board domination.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would prefer a multi-purpose domed stadium that could easily accommodate close to 50k for football and 35k for basketball. That would be awesome.
And with pee troughs. Gotta have pee troughs!

We will not build an open air without a way to close it come winter. Why give away our recruiting advantage of playing in a Dome in bad weather? Only way a new stadium happens is the IPF is built and then we work on fundraising the first college retractable roof.

at least it wouldn't be a stuffy, humid 100 degrees with no circulation like the NW game

During my sons Senior year in HS they played in there as the late game of a local HS Kickoff Classic. It was suppose to start at 8:30pm but due to the earlier games running late or going into OT, they didnt get started until 10:30. It was the most miserable football game I have ever been to (and Im a Bills season ticket holder). I think it was 110 degrees on the field. Outside it was one of those rare days were it was something like 95 dgrees (last weekend in August). I remember talking with my Dad that if this was an SU game with 40k+ in there that it would almost be unplayable.

Some of those early season games in the Dome are just as bad heat wise as being outside during late November games would be.