any update on dejuan | Syracusefan.com

any update on dejuan

goodroc

Starter
i know they said 4 weeks originally but seems guys can come back as quickly as 2 weeks with minor scope surgery..

This is probably not a nice thing to say but DaJuan doesn't strike me as a guy with the type of body that can recover in less the prescribed time.

I'd personally be happy if he came back in the said four weeks time frame from the initial surgery. I was concerned it would be a little longer.

He was walking around the Dome yesterday without crutches.

I think this could be huge for DC. Sometimes its hard, especially for a young player, to use bench time constructively to really look at and see the game and learn. Having not had the success he has hoped for (I assume) hopefully he will use this time well and come back a smarter player.

Kind of lost in everything yesterday was JB saying that Grant would start for the rest of the season. If that's the case, I don't think DC2 gets much run even after he recovers as JB will bring JS and Baye off the bench before him.

Kind of lost in everything yesterday was JB saying that Grant would start for the rest of the season. If that's the case, I don't think DC2 gets much run even after he recovers as JB will bring JS and Baye off the bench before him.

I was thinking the same. I don't see DC2 coming back this year anyway. He'll be out of shape for one thing. And I don't think he adds anything right now.

I have to wonder if the ND game would have been different with Coleman in the starting lineup. Perhaps Cooley gets going early.

DC2 is going to be a monster. Just not this year.

I was a little discouraged with it at first because I want to see DC2 develop. But it is good to see that JB will still be doing the trick of starting one of his non-finishers in Grant. And Grant has looked good. I just hope that when DC2 becomes healthy that JB is able to give him some court time. At least find a way to give him some first half minutes.

We need Coleman's fouls. Kieta and Christmas had eight fouls between the two of them yesterday.

With Coleman, the three of them make about one legitimate center.

I was thinking the same. I don't see DC2 coming back this year anyway. He'll be out of shape for one thing. And I don't think he adds anything right now.

I have to wonder if the ND game would have been different with Coleman in the starting lineup. Perhaps Cooley gets going early.

DC2 is going to be a monster. Just not this year.

I too think his season is all but over unless our 2 bigs foul out or get into serious foul trouble.

Right now JB has his 8 for the rest of the season, no need to upset the balance of minutes unless Rak or Keita foul out. DC 2 is not ready defensively to play this year, better to wait until next year given a summer to get in better shape.

We need Coleman's fouls. Kieta and Christmas had eight fouls between the two of them yesterday.

With Coleman, the three of them make about one legitimate center.

I think he'll put Grant or Fair in the middle if it comes to that.

The thing is that DaJuan already lost a lot of baby fat coming out of high school. Yes, he could lose another 15 lbs. One thing to work on his explosiveness...maybe it can be improved a little bit through drills. He already has good footwork. Do all that and work on breaking his awful habit of bringing the ball down and dribbling and he should be improved next year. Wish Pete Newell (RIP) was still around; DC would be a great candidate for his big man camp.

Agree. DC would benefit greatly from a couple big man camps this summer to see how some NBA and even other college bigs finish in the paint. 15 lbs and a couple moves and some touch will make him a very scary center in the ACC next year.

Didn't Boeheim used to say something like a player doesn't lose his spot as a starter because of an injury? Meaning when he comes back he starts? Just sounds familiar but I guess when a coach has been here 35 years, he has probably said it all. :) I hope he can play again but I would like to see him come off the bench.

Didn't Boeheim used to say something like a player doesn't lose his spot as a starter because of an injury? Meaning when he comes back he starts? Just sounds familiar but I guess when a coach has been here 35 years, he has probably said it all. :) I hope he can play again but I would like to see him come off the bench.

Problem is, if he doesn't start...I don't really see a scenario where he gets off the bench in a close game.

Problem is, if he doesn't start...I don't really see a scenario where he gets off the bench in a close game.
Yup. And I like Kieta coming off the bench with all the energy...well I am glad I am not a coach.

Not only close games, but important games as well. MCW saw little time at the end of last year, none NCAAT. I, unfortunately, fear the same situation lies ahead for DC2. The games get more important now and the development for the future is over. I hope JB can still find games where he can give DC2 some time, but it will be hard to come by now.

Would be nice to have him avail for the tourney even if it's only to get the other bigs a breather. If our opponent has a bruiser inside (thinking Sullinger last year) and Rak has foul trouble it's nice to have a bit more bulk than Keita as an option.

I would like to see him get in shape for some emergency minutes. Never know when you can get involved in some double OT foul fest. But I really dont expect him to play more than 5-7 minutes when he comes back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom