Any updates on Amile Jefferson or any other | Syracusefan.com

Any updates on Amile Jefferson or any other

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
2012 guys.
We know that DC will announce in November, presumably for the early signing period.
Noels has said he is staying 2013.
Are we looking at any guards in this class?

A class of DC/AJ/and Grant would look very good, IMHO.

Any reasonably informed people out there have a clue who we are getting?

This is as tight lipped/unknown a class as we have had in a long time. I realize that I have been spoiled by the past early committments.

Read the Thursday articles

Does Jefferson project as a 4 or 3 in college? I like his game. Looks a lot like Thickburger from his days at Brewster

He seems to be a clone of Grant. Both like to drive to the basket and both have jumpers that need a lot of work. The difference seems to be that Grant is more of a slasher and Amile has more of a low post game and an ability to play with his back to the basket. Regardless, seems like both project to play the 3...so it's surprising that the staff would be interested in taking two sf in the same class. I suppose amile could play a little 4 but he needs to pack on the pounds and I wonder if he has the body type to do that. Warrick wasnt exactly a wide body but he was an inch or two taller and had a freakish wingspan and athletic ability. Neither of these guys remind me of Warrick in any way.

He seems to be a clone of Grant. Both like to drive to the basket and both have jumpers that need a lot of work. The difference seems to be that Grant is more of a slasher and Amile has more of a low post game and an ability to play with his back to the basket. Regardless, seems like both project to play the 3...so it's surprising that the staff would be interested in taking two sf in the same class. I suppose amile could play a little 4 but he needs to pack on the pounds and I wonder if he has the body type to do that. Warrick wasnt exactly a wide body but he was an inch or two taller and had a freakish wingspan and athletic ability. Neither of these guys remind me of Warrick in any way.

I don't see the Warrick comparisons either, other than the same high school.

I'm not surprised at all to see the staff still going after Jefferson even after we have a SF in Grant locked up. Our class of '08 was three SFs in Joseph, Southerland, and Mookie. Maybe the staff projected Mookie as a SG, Joseph as a SF, and Southerland as a strecthing PF. We all know JB loves long players, and big SFs seem to be his favorite

Jefferson seems to just have a knack for scoring. Whether it's from slashing or grabbing garbage buckets, he seems to have a high bball IQ and small ego, and that's a player you want on your team.

Does Jefferson project as a 4 or 3 in college? I like his game. Looks a lot like Thickburger from his days at Brewster

I would say a 3 but it doesn't matter in the SU system out on the wings.

I think Amile would be a great get, but since we already have Grant getting him is clearly much more of a luxury than a necessity for us.

I would say a 3 but it doesn't matter in the SU system out on the wings.
Francis what are your thoughts on Noel sticking to '13? Good, bad, etc.?

It's already been announced that he will be staying until 2013. I think that he will thenopt for the NBA directly as he will be 1 year past his high school graduating class making him eligible for NBA per Zag
Francis what are your thoughts on Noel sticking to '13? Good, bad, etc.?