Any weather gurus here? | Syracusefan.com

Any weather gurus here?

cto

Administrator
I am determined to be at the game on Monday night. I have game tickets and a reservation on a noon fight from JFK to SYR. Weather forecast for Monday morning at JFK is "heavy fog" (which always shuts down JFK). If it is bad all morning, a noon fight becomes very problematical.

If I fly, I have to leave for airport at 9;30... which becomes my drop-dead decision time. If I don't go to airport, I have a miserable 5-hour drive through rain and fog.

Do I take a chance and go to JFK? Or do I say the heck with the flight roulette, and just drive?

48 and light rain in Syracuse on Monday.

40 and rain in the Albany area.

If you are going to drive through Albany it is going to be mid to high 30's with about a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Not sure about other areas.

I hear there will be monsoon conditions and a lot of flights will be canceled/delayed and traveling by car could be treacherous.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bees, I know you just want my tickets. But you won't get them.
Yeah, I can't believe he tried that, he surely doesn't deserve your tickets. :)

Drive to Poughkeepsie and Amtrak it?

You should just drive there CTO, thats what im doing , but its not like i need to take a plane haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your fantasy about me, but I haven't flown anything but commercial for five years.
It's not how you get there, it's where you're going.

I'll come pick you up if I can sit courtside with you.

Honestly, I'd drive and not risk it.

Bees, I know you just want my tickets. But you won't get them.

Was it that obvious?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Drive, woman, driiiiiiiive! You can't take a chance with history! You've got to grab it by the balls, and thrash it, and throttle it, and whip it around your head while yodeling and . . . . oh, just drive.

Drive, woman, driiiiiiiive! You can't take a chance with history! You've got to grab it by the balls, and thrash it, and throttle it, and whip it around your head while yodeling and . . . . oh, just drive.
Oh my goodness...

You all are missing the big issue here...CTO will be at the game thus not in the game chat room...therefore another game with no chaperone!! couchburn

Latest update from Kennedy is planes going out (check to see if your plane is already at Kennedy)...slow coming in...but clearing in afternoon...Albany weather into 'Cuse doesnt look all that good...believe flying in better way to go...be SAFE and ENJOY! Go 'Cuse

Oh my goodness...

Sometimes my verbiage gets a little excitable, but on the outside I am the Peaceful Buddha. Everyone in 309 can tell you how zen I am.