Any word on season ticket sales? | Syracusefan.com

Any word on season ticket sales?

Stern

All American
Is there any word on if season ticket sales this year are down coming off the disappointing finish to last season? And if down (have to assume they are equal at best or down; can't see them going up) how down are they? A lot or just a little.

Is there any word on if season ticket sales this year are down coming off the disappointing finish to last season? And if down (have to assume they are equal at best or down; can't see them going up) how down are they? A lot or just a little.

I would assume they must be down simply because a lot of people didn't renew since we only have 5 home games. My seat upgrade this year was far more generous than in the past, which tells me a lot of the people in front of me didn't renew. I have no inside knowledge though. If it's true though, this season would be a good year for fence sitters to take the plunge and get season tickets. A lot of good seats have apparently opened up, so you'll want to get locked in now before they disappear next year when ACC opponents start coming to town and interest is back up.

this season would be a good year for fence sitters to take the plunge and get season tickets. A lot of good seats have apparently opened up, so you'll want to get locked in now before they disappear next year.

Every summer, someone makes this argument.

Upgrade your tickets now, because Andrew Robinson really has this offensive scheme down. The team really looks like its about to take off...

Better upgrade while you can. Greg Paulus looks sharp in practice and we really have a chance this year.

Upgrade now... Between Nassib and Delone Carter, this offense is going to click. Next year will be too late.

Not griping at you dude. Just the way it is.

Every summer, someone makes this argument.

And I'll probably make it next summer too... and the summer after that, and the summer after that, until every seat in the Dome is filled with happy, rowdy, & supportive Orange fans. :)

Based on conversations, I think you're going to see many more gray seats available in the preferred seating areas. Many people did not renew. You can't just buy these tickets. You have to plunk down a donation of $10,000 and $5,000 for level A and B seats. The home schedule is not great and with only 5 games, people are opting out. It's not like you can't get seats on the day of a game. They keep saying they haven't raised the price of season ticketes, but they have raised my preferred seats over $1,000 the past 5-6 years. Winning is the only remedy.

Based on conversations, I think you're going to see many more gray seats available in the preferred seating areas. Many people did not renew. You can't just buy these tickets. You have to plunk down a donation of $10,000 and $5,000 for level A and B seats. The home schedule is not great and with only 5 games, people are opting out. It's not like you can't get seats on the day of a game. They keep saying they haven't raised the price of season ticketes, but they have raised my preferred seats over $1,000 the past 5-6 years. Winning is the only remedy.

we must have a few penn st. grads running our box office

I have no hard numbers but my understanding is they are down quite a bit. The 5 home games with no marquee games is a killer especially with the way things ended last year. I suspect many will come back next year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's what I did. Gave up season tickets after having them in my family for close to 30 years, will still go to almost every game. Getting freebies for a couple, will just walk up and buy them off the street for others. Probably skip the Stony Brook game. But its obviously cheaper and less BS doing it that way. Once inside just go sit anywhere there is an open spot. Just gotta get in the door and i can do that a lot cheaper than buying season tix and with donation cost.

Once inside just go sit anywhere there is an open spot. Just gotta get in the door and i can do that a lot cheaper than buying season tix and with donation cost.

Sad thing is that you can get into lower level premium seat for most every game with a $10 scalpers ticket.

Gawd...I want a packed house for an entire football season in the worst of ways.

I have no hard numbers but my understanding is they are down quite a bit. The 5 home games with no marquee games is a killer especially with the way things ended last year. I suspect many will come back next year.

Wouldn't be surprised if SU is writing off this year in terms of ticket sales. Not that they'd ever admit it, nor should they, but between the collapse last year and the craptastic home schedule, it's just not realistic to expect sales to go well.

Hopefully we perform well enough this season so that, coupled with the ACC move in '13, we get moving in the right direction.

Unfortunately I have heard the same, at this point I believe there down significantly from the high water point under Marrone which I believe was last year. Its a combo of last years horrendous finish and the awful home schedule. It also hurts that we only have 1 late home game, the BE of course did us no favors.

I was able to upgrade my seats this year. I moved back 2 rows but over 10 seats. I'm pissed that 2/5 home games have been moved to Friday nights. I drive up fromn NJ for the games and Friday nights just cut it too close. Luckily there's the USC game which helps balances things a bit. Hopefully the product on the field will turn things around.

Only 5 home games is bad enough, but the 2 Friday games are BRUTAL for those of us that come from out of town. No way I can make those, so that's 40% of my tickets that will either be sold on eBay or given away to friends.

And I'll probably make it next summer too... and the summer after that, and the summer after that, until every seat in the Dome is filled with happy, rowdy, & supportive Orange fans. :)

It's going to take a LOT of summers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom