Any1 else think Dion may bolt after this season? | Syracusefan.com

Any1 else think Dion may bolt after this season?

Cuse4

Scout Team
As long as he has a somewhat decent year, I feel that he may leave to try and go to the league .... and not be drafted, especially if we make a deep run ... thoughts??

Not really. I think people wrongly assume he and Scoop are tied at the waist. Dion will realize he can have a monster season as a junior

Ya I know, but I'm not even tying him to Scoop ... I just think that in his mind he was a possible 1 and done, and at worst 2 year player

...and hasnt shown the ability yet to do two and done...I do not believe he beats out Triche and i think that MCW may just have the team orientation necessary to beat out Dion. Of course, Dion can choose to be a team player...pass to Triche...not dominate the ball and who knows...maybe he is as good as he thinks he is...

ya I think if he hangs around through his Junior year and works on his jumper, he'll have pro abilities

no i decided to stay and play my full 4 years under boeheim, im maturing every year and getting better, learning a lot. ive made mistakes and i continue learning from them every day. no one can stop me from attacking the rim when im at my best and im learning to use my teammtes as well. albanycuse is my #1 fan.

love,
dion swagger waiters :D

I'm shocked he is here this year. Would be SHOCKED if he comes back for his junior year

I'm shocked he is here this year. Would be SHOCKED if he comes back for his junior year

I too am shocked he is back and altho I m not a fan of his, I will give him credit where credit is due. He busted his hump this summer working out.

I thought that he was leaving last year per all the Posts that people were filing.

As long as he has a somewhat decent year, I feel that he may leave to try and go to the league .... and not be drafted, especially if we make a deep run ... thoughts??
where is he going to go, to the rec league to play with edelin?

Dion will play pro ball somewhere. He has more potential than any other guard on the team.
somewhere? he i would be thrilled if he puts together the type of year to get him drafted, i also agree he is more talented than scoop or triche (not sure about MCW). but do you honestly see him getting drafted after this year? and if not, why leave after his soph year to play in turkey?

somewhere? he i would be thrilled if he puts together the type of year to get him drafted, i also agree he is more talented than scoop or triche (not sure about MCW). but do you honestly see him getting drafted after this year? and if not, why leave after his soph year to play in turkey?

I didn't say he would leave this yr to go pro or that he would get drafted. I just said that he will play pro and has more potential than any other guard - you are right in excluding the frosh. Haven't seen them play against real talent yet so can't judge. Scoop is a solid player and triche isn't that good. Dion's biggest obstacle is himself. Hopefully he gets out of the way. We need him.

I thought that he was leaving last year per all the Posts that people were filing.

If everybody rumored on this board to leave the team actually left, we'd have started all walk ons for the past ten years. As for Dion, I'd be happy if he would just make one of his patented Jonny Flynn watch me get on Sportscenter dunks.

Bolt to where? You guys are crazy to think he stands any shot at the NBA right now, he could always follow Paul Harris, I guess he could bolt to the minor leagues or Europe, which is an option.

I don't really care is I think he has a good game but no head

Dion has had a hard time not being featured on the team but has a world of talent. I think he learns how playing team ball will open things up for him. He'll be fine I think

I remember a post a year ago that talked about Paul Harris having a word with Dion Waiters before he got to the Hill.

In reality Paul may be happy but Dion has SOOOO much more potential then Harris because he has a set position. Sure he is caught between PG and SG but Dion is good enough for the BIG Leagues to be that. Harris was a SG's build with a awesome verticle caught in a PF's game (one that couldn't shoot jumpers).

Theres one thing that Dion might have different from Harris is Confidence. Harris had all the confidence in the world and played hard to get to where he was(even if he wasn't built for a position sadly).Dion on the other hand I get the feeling he plays with that same intensity and chip but he could really use the coaches or someone to step up and make sure his confidence is in check. Sometimes kids have ways of hiding their true feelings like alienating themselves. Im not saying this is the case but you never know.

I think if we had to pick one breakout candidate for this years team, most people would pick Dion. He's big and explosive as hell. Hopefully he tears it up and works his way into a lot of minutes.

I think if we had to pick one breakout candidate for this years team, most people would pick Dion. He's big and explosive as hell. Hopefully he tears it up and works his way into a lot of minutes.
i'm hoping we get to say Neon Dion over and over and over

Yep. With CJ close behind.

I don't think Dion will get enough minutes to really, really breakout ... but along with Cj the obvious breakout that NEEDS to happen is Fab.

I don't think Dion will get enough minutes to really, really breakout ... but along with Cj the obvious breakout that NEEDS to happen is Fab.

We need a low/mid post threat especially with Dion, MCW, CJ and this year Josephs driving ability.

...and hasnt shown the ability yet to do two and done...I do not believe he beats out Triche and i think that MCW may just have the team orientation necessary to beat out Dion. Of course, Dion can choose to be a team player...pass to Triche...not dominate the ball and who knows...maybe he is as good as he thinks he is...

Scoop Starts at PG
Triche Starts at SG
MCW in 2nd at PG
Dion in 2nd at SG

Total minutes Scoop 1, Triche 2, Dion 3, MCW 4. Best Dion can hope for is to split the role 50/50 with Triche but I don't see that happening based on what I saw last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom