Anybody have any disputes over the bubble? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody have any disputes over the bubble?

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Seems like a clear line has been established. Providence played their way in. Games tomorrow should have zero impact on the bubble. I can't possibly see St. Joes playing for their tourney lives tomorrow with 6 top 50 wins.

The Last 4 teams in per Matrix (out of 99)
Iowa 92
Tennessee 91
SMU 90
BYU 87

The Last 4 teams out
Southern Miss 25
Minnesota 18
Cal 14
Florida St 7

Only points for discussion I see are:
1) Does SMU's garbage schedule (22 games vs sub 100) and poor 4-6 record work against them. They do have the quality wins.
2) Does BYU get punished for it's key injury that occurred in the WCC tournament?
3) Anybody other than Southern Miss to replace them?

I think the committee will put SMU/BYU in the play in games. It's their way of punishing both.

Any guesses on the other play in teams. Not much to separate them at all. My guess is Iowa (struggled down the stretch and you need something to separate these teams) .. and Tennessee because of those 4 bad losses, and only a 3-7 record vs top 50. I would love to say something differnt than the matrix consensus, but I will go with the same.

Last edited:
Seems like a clear line has been established. Providence played their way in. Games tomorrow should have zero impact on the bubble. I can't possibly see St. Joes playing for their tourney lives tomorrow with 6 top 50 wins.

Iowa 92
Tennessee 91
SMU 90
BYU 87

The Last 4 teams out
Southern Miss 25
Minnesota 18
Cal 14
Florida St 7

1) Does SMU's garbage schedule (22 games vs sub 100) and poor 4-6 record work against them. They do have the quality wins.
2) Does BYU get punished for it's key injury that occurred in the WCC tournament?

I think the committee will put SMU/BYU in the play in games. It's their way of punishing both.

Any guesses on the other play in teams. Not much to separate them at all. My guess is Iowa (struggled down the stretch and you need something to separate these teams) .. and???

I have Nebraska and Tennessee as other 2 play in teams but iowa wouldn't surprise me either

Be interesting if Iowa gets the Wednesday play-in game. Fran McCaffey's son is having surgery Wed to have a tumor removed from his thyroid. Not sure if it's cancerous or not until after the surgery.

Be interesting if Iowa gets the Wednesday play-in game. Fran McCaffey's son is having surgery Wed to have a tumor removed from his thyroid. Not sure if it's cancerous or not until after the surgery.

I guess they would have the game Tuesday if Iowa has made the request. And they would be playing BYU if they were the play in. BYU has to play a Tuesday play in, since they are not allowed to play on Sunday.

I dont think Iowa is going to be in the play in games, they are more like a 9 or 10 seed.

What about Louisiana Tech? Tied for CUSA title at 15-3 but loss today.

2-2 vs top 50 (Wins at Oklahome, Southern Miss (N)) (Loss at Oklahoma St, at Souterhn Miss)

3-2 vs 51-100

3 bad losses however.

I think they have a better resume than Southern Miss. But are they ahead of anybody currently in?

What about Louisiana Tech? Tied for CUSA title at 15-3 but loss today.

2-2 vs top 50 (Wins at Oklahome, Southern Miss (N)) (Loss at Oklahoma St, at Souterhn Miss)

3-2 vs 51-100

3 bad losses however.

I think they have a better resume than Southern Miss. But are they ahead of anybody currently in?

smu or BYu when factoring injury would be arguable

that clown Vitale was saying NC St. should be in at the end of the Duke game yesterday. NC St. is on Lunardi's next four out. Of course if you count the teams Vitale thinks should be in you'd have a 128 team tourney.

Iowa 92
Tennessee 91
SMU 90
BYU 87

The Last 4 teams out
Southern Miss 25
Minnesota 18
Cal 14
Florida St 7

Any guesses on the other play in teams. Not much to separate them at all. My guess is Iowa (struggled down the stretch and you need something to separate these teams) .. and Tennessee because of those 4 bad losses, and only a 3-7 record vs top 50. I would love to say something differnt than the matrix consensus, but I will go with the same.
I agree - they are both PIG teams. I think I read (in that great article that was linked and referred to in several threads) following the WCC (?) commissioner that injuries were considered for seeding purposes, but not necessarily for in/out purposes. I may have misread that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom